New Rangers manager GvB urged to make move for Arsenal's 20-year-old strikerPublished: November 24, 2021
New Glasgow Rangers manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst has been urged to make a move for 20-year-old center forward Folarin Balogun by Football.London's Football Trends writer Aaron Catterson-Reid.
Giovanni van Bronckhorst is believed to have close links with Arsenal's technical director Edu having played with him during his spell at the north London club.
Almost everyone expected Balogun to depart the Emirates in the summer but he made a U-turn at the back of end of last season by signing a new long-term deal with the hope that he would get playing opportunities this term.
The England U21 international of Nigerian descent has run out of patience with manager Mikel Arteta and is angling for a loan move in the January transfer window.
Balogun has found his name on a list of three fringe players in the Arsenal first team that Rangers should target when the window reopens, the others being Calum Chambers and Eddie Nketiah.
On Balogun, Catterson-Reid wrote : "Therefore, a loan move in January seems to make sense for all parties and given speculation continues to surround Rangers frontman Alfredo Morelos then perhaps a temporary move to Ibrox makes the most sense".
The statistics back up the claim that Premier League 2 football is too easy for Balogun with the attacker notching ten goals in nine appearances in the division so far this season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Watford boss reacts to Troost-Ekong's early Christmas present to Maddison and Leicester
- 'Chilwell highly missed' - Chelsea's Nigerian fans react to disappointing draw vs Man Utd
- Aribo reveals exactly what Rangers boss told the midfielders to do in win vs Livingston
- Dennis equals EPL record held by ex-Leeds, Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal stars; Man United ace
- Super Eagles no. 10 on target in GvB's first league match in charge of Glasgow Rangers
- AFCON 2021 : Another concern for Super Eagles as first choice GK goes off injured vs Ajax
- Samson Tijani on his relationship with Salzburg starlets of Nigerian descent Okafor, Okoh, Adeyemi
- Middlesbrough, Swansea, Bournemouth gunning for Arsenal's Anglo-American-Nigerian whizkid
- 'Back to his best' - Chukwueze praised after scoring against Barcelona
- 'They had a great result vs Man Utd' - Ndidi anticipates tough match against Watford
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football