UEL: Moses' assist helps Spartak Moscow move to top of Group C after win vs NapoliPublished: November 24, 2021
Spartak Moscow have moved from bottom to top of the Europa League Group C standings after a 2-1 win over Napoli at the Stadion Spartak - Moscow on Wednesday evening.
Former Chelsea star Victor Moses started for the Muscovites while Victor Osimhen was left behind in Naples after undergoing surgery that would reportedly keep him out of action for three months.
Two goals in the opening twenty eight minutes from Aleksandr Sobolev were enough for the Russian Premier League side to secure three points.
Sobolev sent Napoli goalkeeper Alex Meret the wrong way to open the scoring in the third minute after Lobotka conceded a penalty for tripping Promes on the edge of the box.
Moses had an effort on goal in the eleventh minute but the shot which lacked power was dealt with by the Napoli goalkeeper.
Sobolev guided the ball inside the far post to double the advantage after he was teed up by the former Chelsea man.
Eljif Elmas' 64th minute strike brought Napoli back into the game but the Spartak goalkeeper didn't have much to do after the goal.
Moses was replaced with seven minutes remaining and the wing-back opted to watch the rest of the game from the changing room.
Napoli haven't managed a win in three games, the longest they have gone without a win in the 2021-2022 campaign.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- 'Most African coaches don't respect themselves' - Udeze backs Onana in World Cup row with Song
- Graham Potter promotes German-born Nigerian RB to Chelsea first team training
- Official : Watford loan out teenage striker of Nigerian descent
- Crystal Palace's Nigeria-eligible winger emerges as transfer target for Sheffield Wednesday
- 'Joint top scorer', 'Too good', 'Magnificent' - Nigerian fans hail England's two-goal hero Rashford
- World Cup 2022 : Nigerian fans hail United States match-winner Christian Pulisic
- Okocha impressed with Gakpo's form but highlights Netherlands have not dominated games
- 'Security of the team', Led from the front', 'Just too good today' - Nigerian fans applaud Koulibaly
- 'The finish of a real marksman' - Ex-Nigeria striker praises Senegal defender's goal v Ecuador
- 'Sarr is not Mane' - Okocha reveals it's difficult for Senegal to replace Bayern Munich star
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football