The reason Super Eagles defender was left out of Rangers matchday squad vs Sparta PraguePublished: November 25, 2021
Leon Balogun has to wait to make his 47th career appearance for Glasgow Rangers following his omission from the matchday squad in the ongoing Europa League clash against Sparta Prague at Ibrox Stadium.
The Super Eagles defender was involved in the Light Blues' last match prior to the visit of the Czech club, playing for 80 minutes in the 3-1 defeat suffered at the hands of Hibernian in the Premier Sports Cup.
New Rangers boss Giovanni van Bronckhorst made two changes to the team beaten by Hibernian, one of which saw Calvin Bassey replace Balogun in the starting lineup.
It has come to light that the Nigeria international center back was substituted in the loss to Hibernian due to injury, hence he did not get a call-up against Sparta Prague.
Balogun was not spotted in several training pictures in the lead up to the game and it was not an error of omission.
The 33-year-old, who will enter the last six months of his contract at Rangers in January, started the previous four matches contested by the club in the Europa League.
Rangers could potentially qualify for the knockout rounds of the Europa League with a win against Sparta Prague.
Photo Credit : rangersfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Watford boss reacts to Troost-Ekong's early Christmas present to Maddison and Leicester
- 'Chilwell highly missed' - Chelsea's Nigerian fans react to disappointing draw vs Man Utd
- Aribo reveals exactly what Rangers boss told the midfielders to do in win vs Livingston
- Dennis equals EPL record held by ex-Leeds, Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal stars; Man United ace
- Super Eagles no. 10 on target in GvB's first league match in charge of Glasgow Rangers
- AFCON 2021 : Another concern for Super Eagles as first choice GK goes off injured vs Ajax
- Samson Tijani on his relationship with Salzburg starlets of Nigerian descent Okafor, Okoh, Adeyemi
- Middlesbrough, Swansea, Bournemouth gunning for Arsenal's Anglo-American-Nigerian whizkid
- 'Back to his best' - Chukwueze praised after scoring against Barcelona
- 'They had a great result vs Man Utd' - Ndidi anticipates tough match against Watford
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football