Skilful striker Okoronkwo opens account for Everton Youth in 3-0 win vs Man UtdPublished: December 04, 2021
Everton made light work of Manchester United to secure a comfortable 3-0 victory in an U18 Premier League clash at Finch Farm Training Ground on Saturday afternoon.
The Toffees were without a win in four matches in all competitions before the visit of the Red Devils, sharing the spoils with Newcastle United, Blackburn Rovers and Arsenal and losing to Liverpool.
Francis Okoronkwo, an Anglo-Nigerian striker signed from Sunderland in September, was undoubtedly the star of the show with a goal and assist after coming off the bench to help Everton end a four-match winless streak.
The deadlock was not broken until two minutes into first half stoppage time when Emilio Lawrence gave the home team the lead.
On as a substitute in the 62nd minute, Okoronkwo headed home to double Everton's advantage seven minutes later and Martin Sherif sealed the points with a third goal in the 73rd minute.
Okoronkwo has netted his first goal in Everton colours after spending only 27 minutes on the pitch having logged 22 minutes on his competitive debut for the U18s against Arsenal a week ago.
He has been described as a skilful attacker who possesses impressive speed, movement and balance, and is comfortable operating in all positions across the frontline.
Photo Credit : evertonfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- Victor Boniface yet to start negotiations with any team amid Eintracht Frankfurt, Leipzig links
- 'Many lies were told' - Italian pundit claims Osimhen was not sincere about his Napoli future
- Brentford, Leicester stars named in Super Eagles expanded squad for 2023 AFCONQ
- Central defender of African descent returns to Chelsea
- Opposition watch: Canada include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd stars in provisional WWC squad
- Super Eagles striker linked with departure from Southampton, drawing interest from 3 clubs
Football News 24/7
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football