Skilful striker Okoronkwo opens account for Everton Youth in 3-0 win vs Man UtdPublished: December 04, 2021
Everton made light work of Manchester United to secure a comfortable 3-0 victory in an U18 Premier League clash at Finch Farm Training Ground on Saturday afternoon.
The Toffees were without a win in four matches in all competitions before the visit of the Red Devils, sharing the spoils with Newcastle United, Blackburn Rovers and Arsenal and losing to Liverpool.
Francis Okoronkwo, an Anglo-Nigerian striker signed from Sunderland in September, was undoubtedly the star of the show with a goal and assist after coming off the bench to help Everton end a four-match winless streak.
The deadlock was not broken until two minutes into first half stoppage time when Emilio Lawrence gave the home team the lead.
On as a substitute in the 62nd minute, Okoronkwo headed home to double Everton's advantage seven minutes later and Martin Sherif sealed the points with a third goal in the 73rd minute.
Okoronkwo has netted his first goal in Everton colours after spending only 27 minutes on the pitch having logged 22 minutes on his competitive debut for the U18s against Arsenal a week ago.
He has been described as a skilful attacker who possesses impressive speed, movement and balance, and is comfortable operating in all positions across the frontline.
Photo Credit : evertonfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- First Premier League call-up: 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles striker could make Wolves history in Newcastle
- Ex-Barcelona midfielder believes Zirkzee fully deserves to be named in Netherlands provisional squad
- 17 goal involvements in 24 games: Rangers striker Dessers explains why he's flourishing under Clement
- Struggling for game time at loan club: Super Eagles-eligible midfielder back playing for Man Utd U21s
- Everton, Crystal Palace or Nottingham Forest: Which club would suit Super Eagles midfielder Onyedika best?
- PL2: Nwaneri scores pick of the goals but misses penalty as Arsenal come from behind to beat Chelsea
- Tottenham hold advantage over Man Utd in race for Dutch-Nigerian striker
- Will Jose Peseiro's exit derail Super Eagles path to 2026 World Cup?
- Confirmed team news: Ndidi starts partial training at Leicester but ruled out of QPR clash
- Tottenham coach provides update on Nigeria-eligible fullback ahead of London derby
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football