Done deals : Chelsea and Arsenal wing-backs of Nigerian descent join Crewe AlexandraPublished: January 28, 2022
League One club Crewe Alexandra completed the signings of two promising players of Nigerian descent on Friday, January 28.
The Railwaymen have bought in Tariq Uwakwe from Chelsea on an eighteen-month contract, a permanent deal that sees him end a fifteen-year association with the European champions.
The 22-year-old is capable of playing as a wing-back, winger and in midfield, and has League One experience under his belt having made fifteen appearances in the division during a loan spell at Accrington Stanley in 2020-2021.
Uwakwe has played friendly matches for England at U18, U19 and U20 levels, meaning he remains eligible to represent the Super Eagles.
Another Anglo-Nigerian wing-back in Ryan Alebiosu has joined Crewe Alexandra on loan until the end of the 2021-2022 campaign in search of regular first team football.
Also comfortable being deployed as a right-back, Alebiosu was named in Arsenal's matchday squad for their recent matches against Liverpool and Burnley in the Carabao Cup and Premier League respectively.
Alebiosu and Uwakwe link up with Rio Adebisi and Tyreece Onyeka at Crewe Alexandra.
Photo Credit : crewealex.net
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Former Chelsea star Moses reports for pre-season training at Spartak Moscow
- WAFCON : Three best and worst performers in Nigeria's defeat to South Africa
- 'He's a top level player' - Rangers icon understands why Southampton are interested in Nigeria star
- Significant update emerges on future of two Super Eagles stars and Nigeria U23 intl at Watford
- Opinion : Two English clubs that could benefit from signing Chelsea legend Mikel
- 'If we can do that' - 2019 Flying Eagles invitee targets promotion with Sheffield Wednesday
- Nigeria player ratings: Ajibade bright spark; Plumptre blows hot and cold; Oshoala, Chikwelu struggle
- Five observations from Nigeria's Super Falcons defeat to South Africa's Bayana Bayana
- WAFCON Nigeria 1 RSA 2 : Atletico Madrid star nets consolation goal for defending champions
- Celtic or Rangers? Analysis of which club would be a great fit for Super Eagles striker
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football