EFL : Bournemouth's Billing, QPR's Amos, Shrewsbury's Udoh, Sutton duo, Bolton's Dapo strikePublished: January 29, 2022
There are six goals to report in Football League matches involving Nigeria-eligible players on Saturday, January 29.
We begin in the Championship. Bournemouth are now third in the standings after a 1-0 win over Barnsley at Oakwell.
Danish-Nigerian midfielder Philip Billing scored what proved to be the winning goal when he headed home after Dominic Solanke looped a ball into the box in the 12th minute.
Still in the division, Queens Park Rangers registered a convincing 4-0 win over Ovie Ejaria's Reading at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium (London).
Luke Amos netted his second of the season at minute 37 when he sprinted clear and fired in off the bar for Rangers third goal.
Former Golden Eaglets invitee Daniel Udoh scored for the eighth time in League One this term as Shrewsbury Town were held to a 1-1 draw by AFC Wimbledon at the Cherry Red Records Stadium.
Just before the hour mark, Udoh's scrambled in goal ensured Shrewsbury got a point from the contest.
In a one-sided show at University of Bolton Stadium, Bolton Wanderers thrashed Sunderland 6-0.
Dapo Afolayan beat the Black Cats goalkeeper from close range to double the advantage in the 41st minute before setting up his team's third goal five minutes after the restart.
In the League Two, Isaac Olaofe and David Ajiboye outshone the rest of their teammates as Sutton United claimed an impressive 2-0 road win at Carlisle United.
Midway through the first half, Olaofe fired the U's ahead before Ajiboye finished off a move to double the lead in the 31st minute.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Nigeria-eligible duo miss out on Arsenal training camp in Herzogenaurach
- Official : Ex-Chelsea midfielder of Nigerian descent signs scholarship deal with Fulham
- Official : SV Wehen Wiesbaden sign ex-Hamburg, Schalke youth teamer Ezeh
- Watford's Super Eagles GK likes Man Utd post confirming signing of Feyenoord fullback
- Former Chelsea star Moses reports for pre-season training at Spartak Moscow
- WAFCON : Three best and worst performers in Nigeria's defeat to South Africa
- 'He's a top level player' - Rangers icon understands why Southampton are interested in Nigeria star
- Significant update emerges on future of two Super Eagles stars and Nigeria U23 intl at Watford
- Opinion : Two English clubs that could benefit from signing Chelsea legend Mikel
- 'If we can do that' - 2019 Flying Eagles invitee targets promotion with Sheffield Wednesday
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football