Through their official website, Championship outfit Stoke City announced on Tuesday that Nigeria-eligible central defender David Okagbue has been loaned out to Chester.
The promising teenager will spend the next one month at the National League North club on work experience.
He signed a scholarship deal with the Potters in summer 2020 along with Iffy Udanoh, who trained with the Golden Eaglets in Abuja before the 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup.
Okagbue is provisionally cap-tied to the Republic of Ireland having made his competitive debut for their U19 team in a European Championship qualifier against Montenegro in November 2021.
He has been invited to train with Stoke City's first team on multiple occasions but has yet to make his professional debut.
In the current season, the center half has been involved in 10 Premier League 2 matches and also tasted action in the U18 Premier League and FA Youth Cup.
The 17-year-old Okagbue turned out for St Kelvin's Boys and Bohemians prior to his move to Stoke City.
Photo Credit : stokecityfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Former Chelsea star Moses reports for pre-season training at Spartak Moscow
- WAFCON : Three best and worst performers in Nigeria's defeat to South Africa
- 'He's a top level player' - Rangers icon understands why Southampton are interested in Nigeria star
- Significant update emerges on future of two Super Eagles stars and Nigeria U23 intl at Watford
- Opinion : Two English clubs that could benefit from signing Chelsea legend Mikel
- 'If we can do that' - 2019 Flying Eagles invitee targets promotion with Sheffield Wednesday
- Nigeria player ratings: Ajibade bright spark; Plumptre blows hot and cold; Oshoala, Chikwelu struggle
- Five observations from Nigeria's Super Falcons defeat to South Africa's Bayana Bayana
- WAFCON Nigeria 1 RSA 2 : Atletico Madrid star nets consolation goal for defending champions
- Celtic or Rangers? Analysis of which club would be a great fit for Super Eagles striker
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football