Sevilla lining up summer move for Super Eagles striker as replacement for Manchester United loaneePublished: February 15, 2022
La Liga side Sevilla are still keen on the signing of Super Eagles striker Umar Sadiq ahead of the summer transfer window.
Spanish transfer market website Fichajes making reference to Estadio Deportivo says Sevilla are determined to improve the offensive performance of the squad and have the Almeria star on their radar.
Sevilla are working on signing a new striker as Anthony Martial is due to return to his parent club Manchester United at the end of the season.
The Frenchman joined the Rojiblancos on loan for the remainder of the campaign in the January transfer window and there's no buy option included in the agreement.
Last summer, interested clubs were put off by the 60 million euros asking price for the Nigeria international with Almeria rejecting offers of sixteen million euros.
Sadiq's representatives have confirmed that they have not received any formal proposal from Sevilla or any other club for next season but many teams have made enquiries though nothing is concrete.
Since returning from Super Eagles duty at the Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon, the 25-year-old has directly participated in three goals (2 goals, 1 assist) in three matches.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- WAFCONQ: Five observations from Super Falcons come-from-behind win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2: Super-sub Okoronkwo, Ajibade on target in come-from-behind win
- Bayer Leverkusen coach hints at strike partner for 'strong and technically excellent' Boniface
- 10 players including 3 invited to Nigeria national teams in the past in the running for Crystal Palace GOTM
- The top-rated Nigerian players in the Premier Leagues of Europe
- 'We know he's a very good player' - West Brom boss explains why Super Eagles striker is not starting games
- Houston Dynamo decline contract option for two Nigerian-born players; ex-Flying Eagles star Aliyu retained
- Dapo Afolayan: Exciting winger who learned his trade at Chelsea commits international future to Nigeria
- 'If they are called up, they will go' - Bayer chief confirms Boniface and Tella will be released to NFF for AFCON
- AFCON 2023: Should Rangers defender Leon Balogun be recalled to the national team?
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football