Napoli striker Osimhen to undergo late fitness test to determine his availability vs BarcelonaPublished: February 17, 2022
Victor Osimhen will undergo a late fitness test ahead of the first leg of Napoli's Europa League meeting against Barcelona at the Camp Nou on Thursday evening.
The Nigeria national teamer is hoping to make his first career appearance against the Spanish giants but is in a race against the clock to be fit.
Osimhen didn't participate in training with the rest of his teammates before the trip to Barcelona on Wednesday because of an overload on his right knee.
He is one of five strikers that traveled with the Napoli squad to Barcelona, the others being Insigne, Mertens, Ounas and Petagna.
Speaking at the pre-match press conference, Napoli manager Luciano Spalletti said : “Osimhen didn't train today as a precaution. We'll see how he is tomorrow."
Injured against Inter Milan in a Serie A game on November 21, Osimhen has made four appearances since making his comeback against Bologna exactly a month ago.
Only three players Karl Toko Ekambi (Lyon), Galeno (Braga) and Patson Daka (Leicester City) have scored more goals than Osimhen in this season's Europa League.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Victor Osimhen alternative: Bayer Leverkusen to demand at least N70b from Chelsea for Super Eagles striker
- Who is Gabrielle Onguene? The free-scoring Cameroon striker that can pose a threat to Super Falcons
- Paris 2024 Olympics qualifiers: Keep an eye on these three Super Falcons players against Cameroon
- Justin Njinmah: Werder Bremen's exciting forward to choose between Nigeria and Germany
- Battle for La Liga U23 POTM: Omorodion faces competition from Man Utd loanee, Barca and Real Madrid stars
- Age debate reignited: Flying Eagles coach Bosso justifies selection of academy boys over NPFL stars
- South Africa GK Williams opens up on what he told Omeruo, Aina, Ekong, Iheanacho before taking spot-kicks
- Porto team news: The likely player to replace Zaidu in starting lineup against Arsenal
- Onyeka credits AFCON for boosting his fitness; shares what Brentford boss told him pre-Man City
- 'Difficult to stop' - Barcelona coach Xavi highlights Osimhen as one of the key players to watch in CL showdown
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football