UEL : Osimhen soldiers on despite injury in Napoli's exciting draw against BarcelonaPublished: February 17, 2022
Victor Osimhen was in action for 80 minutes on Thursday evening at the Camp Nou in Napoli's eventful 1-1 draw against Barcelona in the Europa League.
Piotr Zielinski scored the opening goal of the match in the 29th minute while former Manchester City forward Ferran Torres equalised from the penalty spot in the second half for Xavi's team.
2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup topscorer with 10 goals Osimhen was seeking to add to his four goals in the Europa League this season for Napoli but fired blanks against the Spanish giants.
There was slight worry for both Napoli as well as Nigeria when Osimhen had to be attended to by the medics in the first half albeit he was able to continue playing and even had a shot saved by Ter Stegen.
However, the Napoli number 9 was noticeably hobbling at half time but came right back into the match in the second half.
Ferran Torres restored parity for Barcelona when Adama Traore's clever ball clipped the hand of Jesus and a penalty was awarded the Blaugrana.
Osimhen created two chances in the second half though the first of his efforts was an overhit cross in the 51st minute which eluded his teammates.
Barcelona with over 20 attempts on goal in the game in comparison with Napoli's under five goal attempts missed gilt-edged chances to go 2-1 up towards the end of the contest with Luuk de Jong who replaced former Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang going closest with an acrobatic effort but the ball went agonizingly wide.
Photo Credit : sscnapoli.it
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Former Chelsea star Moses reports for pre-season training at Spartak Moscow
- WAFCON : Three best and worst performers in Nigeria's defeat to South Africa
- 'He's a top level player' - Rangers icon understands why Southampton are interested in Nigeria star
- Significant update emerges on future of two Super Eagles stars and Nigeria U23 intl at Watford
- Opinion : Two English clubs that could benefit from signing Chelsea legend Mikel
- 'If we can do that' - 2019 Flying Eagles invitee targets promotion with Sheffield Wednesday
- Nigeria player ratings: Ajibade bright spark; Plumptre blows hot and cold; Oshoala, Chikwelu struggle
- Five observations from Nigeria's Super Falcons defeat to South Africa's Bayana Bayana
- WAFCON Nigeria 1 RSA 2 : Atletico Madrid star nets consolation goal for defending champions
- Celtic or Rangers? Analysis of which club would be a great fit for Super Eagles striker
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football