German-born 2017 Super Eagles invitee ruled out for the season after tearing his ACLPublished: March 16, 2022
2017 Super Eagles invitee Noah Sarenren Bazee will miss the remainder of the current season, FC Augsburg informed on Wednesday evening.
The German-born winger got injured in training today and tests later confirmed that he tore his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee.
Bazee has struggled with injuries in the last five years which has stalled his career at club level and a possible debut for the Super Eagles.
The 25-year-old is understandably frustrated to suffer another long-term injury and is hoping to come back as strong as possible.
"I’ve unfortunately already had a few injuries in my career so far. I’m obviously really frustrated right now, but I’m confident that I will be able to put this period behind me and I’ll be back stronger than before as soon as I can," Bazee said to the official website of Augsburg.
Former Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr was searching for a winger to provide cover for his then star player, Victor Moses, ahead of the 2018 World Cup and handed a maiden call-up to Bazee for an international friendly against Senegal in London.
An injury prevented him from making his international debut though he traveled to the English capital to train with the Super Eagles squad.
Bazee is under contract with Augsburg until the end of the 2023-2024 season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Bassey provides big update on Rangers future amid Wolves, Aston Villa, Fulham, Brentford links
- Snapped : Eagles coach Vieira promotes 18yo Irish-Nigerian to first team training pre-Man Utd
- 'Playing with bags of confidence' - Chelsea legend hails Bassey's display in win vs Hearts
- Super Eagles trio shine as Rangers beat Hearts to win Scottish Cup
- Confirmed : Bournemouth extend contract of ex-Tottenham Hotspur youth teamer Okoh
- Balogun involved in Arsenal final training session before visit of Everton
- Flying Eagles goalkeeper dedicates WAFU B Championship triumph to Chelsea icon Petr Cech
- Official : Pacey right-back of Nigerian descent departs Norwich City
- Nigerian winger attracted Burnley, Wolves interest before joining Huddersfield on scholarship deal
- Confirmed : Nigerian-born former Chelsea schoolboy released by Barnsley
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football