Super Eagles striker second fastest player in Bundesliga clash between Bayern and Union BerlinPublished: March 20, 2022
Nigeria international Taiwo Awoniyi was ranked the second fastest player during the German Bundesliga clash between Bayern Munich and Union Berlin on Saturday evening.
The Union Berlin striker was recorded at a speed 34.74km/h during the clash at Allianz Arena, corresponding to the 27th round of matches in the top-flight.
Bayern Munich central defender Dayot Upamecano set the fastest speed at 34.97km/h, with former Manchester City speedstar Leroy Sane in third position at 34.58km/h.
Goals from Kingsley Coman, Tanguy Nianzou and a brace from Robert Lewandowski earned Julian Nagelsmann's team three points.
Sixty two minutes into the contest, Awoniyi was replaced in attack by Voglsammer.
The former Liverpool striker missed at least two good chances to add to his Bundesliga tally; his shot midway through the first half sailed wide of the far post and his rebounded effort from a tight angle was blocked by Hernandez in the 54th minute.
Awoniyi is the joint highest goalscorer for Union Berlin in the history of the Bundesliga with sixteen goals, an honour he shares with former teammate Max Kruse.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Bassey provides big update on Rangers future amid Wolves, Aston Villa, Fulham, Brentford links
- Snapped : Eagles coach Vieira promotes 18yo Irish-Nigerian to first team training pre-Man Utd
- 'Playing with bags of confidence' - Chelsea legend hails Bassey's display in win vs Hearts
- Super Eagles trio shine as Rangers beat Hearts to win Scottish Cup
- Confirmed : Bournemouth extend contract of ex-Tottenham Hotspur youth teamer Okoh
- Balogun involved in Arsenal final training session before visit of Everton
- Flying Eagles goalkeeper dedicates WAFU B Championship triumph to Chelsea icon Petr Cech
- Official : Pacey right-back of Nigerian descent departs Norwich City
- Nigerian winger attracted Burnley, Wolves interest before joining Huddersfield on scholarship deal
- Confirmed : Nigerian-born former Chelsea schoolboy released by Barnsley
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football