Samuel Chukwueze instrumental in Villarreal's 2-1 win against GetafePublished: April 17, 2022
Villarreal defeated Getafe 2-1 in a La Liga match held at Coliseum Alfonso Pérez on Saturday night with Nigeria international Samuel Chukwueze playing an important part in that win.
Gerard Moreno and Manuel Trigueros scored for the Yellow Submarine in the 7th and 16th minute in the first half while Turkish striker Enes Unal halved the deficit for the home team in the 65th minute- his 15th strike of the season so far in the Spanish top-flight.
The game was Chukwueze's 21st La Liga appearance of the current campaign. He was in action for 68 minutes before he was replaced by Yeremi Pino.
Dutch forward of Nigerian descent Arnaut Danjuma came off the substitutes bench seven minutes earlier in place of Paco Alcacer.
Chukwueze had a great game and came close to scoring in the first half. The ball came off his shin in the 35th minute as he called and received it via a tantalising cross from a teammate.
After 32 League games, Unai Emery's team are in 7th place with 49 points.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Bassey provides big update on Rangers future amid Wolves, Aston Villa, Fulham, Brentford links
- Snapped : Eagles coach Vieira promotes 18yo Irish-Nigerian to first team training pre-Man Utd
- 'Playing with bags of confidence' - Chelsea legend hails Bassey's display in win vs Hearts
- Super Eagles trio shine as Rangers beat Hearts to win Scottish Cup
- Confirmed : Bournemouth extend contract of ex-Tottenham Hotspur youth teamer Okoh
- Balogun involved in Arsenal final training session before visit of Everton
- Flying Eagles goalkeeper dedicates WAFU B Championship triumph to Chelsea icon Petr Cech
- Official : Pacey right-back of Nigerian descent departs Norwich City
- Nigerian winger attracted Burnley, Wolves interest before joining Huddersfield on scholarship deal
- Confirmed : Nigerian-born former Chelsea schoolboy released by Barnsley
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football