Chukwueze eyes win against Liverpool, praises Emery, reveals what makes Villarreal so specialPublished: April 26, 2022
Samuel Chukwueze is aware that Liverpool are the favorites heading into their UEFA Champions League semifinal clash at Anfiled but has underlined that the Spanish side are not afraid of the Reds.
The Nigeria international played a key role as the Yellow Submarine reached the last four of the competition, scoring the equaliser in a 1-1 draw with Bayern Munich after coming off the bench.
Chukwueze has said that it would be a bigger achievement than winning last season's Europa League if Villarreal advance to the final at the expense of Liverpool.
Having knocked out Juventus and Bayern Munich in the previous rounds and won their last two matches against Getafe and Valencia in La Liga, Chukwueze and his teammates will not be lacking confidence against the Premier League side.
"The most important thing is to win the semi-finals. If we win the semi, maybe the celebration will be [bigger than the celebration after the UEFA Europa League win],' Chukwueze told the official website of UEFA.
"[It’s] my first Champions League and my first semi-finals. Reaching the final would be amazing. It would [make this] one of the best seasons of my life."
In addition, Chukwueze praised the work of Villarreal manager Unai Emery, saying that the Spaniard knows how to read the game well.
"The most important thing is the coach. He’s so fantastic. He knows how to read the game and everything. Reaching the semi-finals with this coach, I think, is amazing.
"It’s a dream come true for him also, and for the club. Playing Liverpool - they are one of the favourites, also, but we’re going to push, to show them that this is why we’re in the semi-finals."
Chukwueze concluded by revealing what makes the Villarreal squad so special and highlighted the team spirit in the group.
"What makes this Villarreal team so special is that they take themselves as a family, they look after each other, and they work for each other on the field.
"They don’t complain: ‘Oh, this person’s not doing his job’ or anything. They work together. That’s what it means. That’s what’s keeping us together, the work, the contact, everything".
Photo Credit : uefa.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football