After a comfortable 2-0 win and three maximum points secured against defending champions and reigning Africa's best, Ghana on Sunday, Nigeria's Flying Eagles are expected to keep things intense but firm against the Junior Etalons of Burkina Faso on Wednesday, to earn their semi final ticket at the ongoing WAFU B U20 Championship in Niamey.
Both teams will take the pitch at 5pm at the Stade General Seyni Kountché, the same venue where the Flying Eagles enacted a masterclass to send African champions Ghana tumbling on Sunday. Ibrahim Muhammad and former U17 star Ahmed Abdullahi scored the goals that downed the Black Satellites.
Coach Ladan Bosso still has the full complement of his squad, and is unwilling to rest any of his regulars as he looks to make sure of a place in the last four.
"We must approach the match against Burkina Faso with even stronger determination and desire than we did for the Ghana match. A ticket to the semi finals is key at the moment, and we can then start thinking of a ticket to the final and a place in the Africa Cup of Nations next year."
Only the two finalists at the WAFU B Championship in Niamey will be eligible for next year's Africa U20 Cup of Nations, already scheduled to take place in Egypt February/March.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Bassey provides big update on Rangers future amid Wolves, Aston Villa, Fulham, Brentford links
- Snapped : Eagles coach Vieira promotes 18yo Irish-Nigerian to first team training pre-Man Utd
- 'Playing with bags of confidence' - Chelsea legend hails Bassey's display in win vs Hearts
- Super Eagles trio shine as Rangers beat Hearts to win Scottish Cup
- Confirmed : Bournemouth extend contract of ex-Tottenham Hotspur youth teamer Okoh
- Balogun involved in Arsenal final training session before visit of Everton
- Flying Eagles goalkeeper dedicates WAFU B Championship triumph to Chelsea icon Petr Cech
- Official : Pacey right-back of Nigerian descent departs Norwich City
- Nigerian winger attracted Burnley, Wolves interest before joining Huddersfield on scholarship deal
- Confirmed : Nigerian-born former Chelsea schoolboy released by Barnsley
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football