Allnigeriasoccer.com's round-up of Nigeria-eligible players that were in action for their respective clubs in the English Premier League on Wednesday, May 11, 2022.
At the King Power Stadium, Leicester City returned to winning ways in style by thrashing already relegated Norwich City 3-0.
Ademola Lookman started and was in action for 45 minutes while international teammate Kelechi Iheanacho was a non-playing substitute.
The Super Eagles winger could have scored in the 28th minute if not for the outstretched leg of Norwich City goalkeeper Gunn.
Jamie Vardy with a deflected effort opened the scoring in the 54th minute and doubled the lead at minute 62 when he fired a left-footed shot past the keeper, before a half volley from James Maddisson made it 3-0.
Samuel Kalu made his full Premier League debut as Watford and Everton shared the spoils after playing a goalless draw at Vicarage Road.
A winter signing from Bordeaux in France, the winger had logged 46 minutes off the bench before the Toffees visited.
A minute to the end of the first half, Kalu tried his luck from a free-kick but it went over the bar.
Watford's first change of the evening saw Kalu replaced in the 86th minute, three minutes before Oghenekaro Etebo entered the game as a substitute for his eighth appearance in the Premier League.
Super Eagles assistant captain William Troost-Ekong was an unused ubstitute, while Everton's Alex Iwobi was impressive playing as a right wing-back yet again.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Bassey provides big update on Rangers future amid Wolves, Aston Villa, Fulham, Brentford links
- Snapped : Eagles coach Vieira promotes 18yo Irish-Nigerian to first team training pre-Man Utd
- 'Playing with bags of confidence' - Chelsea legend hails Bassey's display in win vs Hearts
- Super Eagles trio shine as Rangers beat Hearts to win Scottish Cup
- Confirmed : Bournemouth extend contract of ex-Tottenham Hotspur youth teamer Okoh
- Balogun involved in Arsenal final training session before visit of Everton
- Flying Eagles goalkeeper dedicates WAFU B Championship triumph to Chelsea icon Petr Cech
- Official : Pacey right-back of Nigerian descent departs Norwich City
- Nigerian winger attracted Burnley, Wolves interest before joining Huddersfield on scholarship deal
- Confirmed : Nigerian-born former Chelsea schoolboy released by Barnsley
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football