The Nigeria U-20 national team, Flying Eagles on Wednesday evening booked their place in the semifinals of the West Africa Football Union (WAFU) sub regional competition ahead of the CAF U-20 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt in 2023.
Izuchukwu Michael here presents four observations from the game.
1. Jersey Complications
The Flying Eagles were supposedly the 'host team' in the game and wore their traditional white jerseys.
The Burkinabes were also donning their white and green jerseys which were definitely causing confusions for the media and possibly the technical crew.
It was however corrected in the second half and the Eaes came out dressed in their green jerseys,
The Eagles gave away some passes and it will be interesting to know from the team if that affected the players in any way.
2. The Eagles Uncoordinated Play
In their first game against Ghana, the Flying Eagles' buildup play was a joy to watch.
The team thoroughly dominated the clash against the Black Satellites but struggled to retain possession for long spells against Burkina Faso.
They gave away the balls more often and were indeed lucky not to concede a third goal from their opponents.
3. Physical Burkinabes
Unlike the Ghanaians, Burkina Faso had very physical players and that in no small way affected the delicate touches that the Nigerians boys showed against Ghana.
4. Ibrahim Muhammad, Ibrahim Yahaya, Daniel Daga Are Contenders For Tournament MVP
Two games have been played by the team and already there are bright spots in the team.
Midfielder Daga was the Man of the Match against Burkina Faso but it was also splendid performances by Ibrahim Muhammad, Ibrahim Yahaya who have both showed that the future is very assuring.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Bassey provides big update on Rangers future amid Wolves, Aston Villa, Fulham, Brentford links
- Snapped : Eagles coach Vieira promotes 18yo Irish-Nigerian to first team training pre-Man Utd
- 'Playing with bags of confidence' - Chelsea legend hails Bassey's display in win vs Hearts
- Super Eagles trio shine as Rangers beat Hearts to win Scottish Cup
- Confirmed : Bournemouth extend contract of ex-Tottenham Hotspur youth teamer Okoh
- Balogun involved in Arsenal final training session before visit of Everton
- Flying Eagles goalkeeper dedicates WAFU B Championship triumph to Chelsea icon Petr Cech
- Official : Pacey right-back of Nigerian descent departs Norwich City
- Nigerian winger attracted Burnley, Wolves interest before joining Huddersfield on scholarship deal
- Confirmed : Nigerian-born former Chelsea schoolboy released by Barnsley
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football