Folarin Balogun has posted a goodbye message to everyone associated with Middlesbrough following the completion of his loan deal with the Championship club.
Balogun departed Arsenal in the January transfer window in search of regular game time and ended up playing twenty one games in all competitions for Middlesbrough, scoring three goals and setting up three others in 1,078 minutes of action.
Having finished seventh in the Championship table and missing the playoffs by five points, the Hale End Academy product has made a bold prediction that Boro will return to the Premier League in the not too distant future.
Prior to their relegation to the Championship at the end of the 2016-2017 season, Middlesbrough had spent fifteen seasons combined in the Premier League and competed in the first tier of English Football on sixty-one occasions in the past.
Unfortunately we missed out on our goals, however Middlesbrough is a great club that will get where they belong �'�. Thank you to my team mates n fans who always welcomed me. Lots of love Balo pic.twitter.com/wZeFdRVUZv— Balogun (@balogun) May 12, 2022
"Unfortunately we missed out on our goals, however Middlesbrough is a great club that will get where they belong.," Balogun wrote on Twitter, accompanied by a video of his best moments in a Boro shirt.
"Thank you to my team mates n fans who always welcomed me. Lots of love Balo".
Retired Nigeria international Yakubu Aiyegbeni was named Middlesbrough Player of the Season for 2005-2006, and scored 25 goals in 73 outings for the club in the Premier League.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- League Two playoff semifinal : Koiki strikes; Leicester loanee subbed in; Egbo, Odimayo feature
- Peseiro named new Nigeria coach, subject to Portuguese signing agreed terms; Finidi promoted
- Osimhen must score two goals on final day of the season to trigger goal bonus of N56.2m
- EPL wrap : Etebo subbed in; starts for Eze, Kalu; Iheanacho, Lookman, Ekong, 4 others benched
- 'Casual defending' - 1994 AFCON winner backs referee's decision to award Tottenham a penalty vs Burnley
- 'He's really good' - Watford insider tips Super Eagles striker to leave Hornets this summer
- 'Things you love to see' - Balogun reacts as Mainz fan raises Rangers scarf vs Eintracht Frankfurt
- 'It's time he steps aside'- 2002 World Cupper wants to replace Amaju Pinnick as NFF President
- Three Lions boss Southgate considers giving 2017 Super Eagles invitee first England call-up
- Aston Villa join Brentford and Crystal Palace in race to sign Super Eagles star
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football