'We have the money to pay' - AFTV's Kelechi comments on rumours linking Arsenal to OsimhenPublished: May 14, 2022
UK-based Nigerian Arsenal supporter Kelechi Anyikude has shared his thoughts on rumours in the local and foreign press linking the Gunners with a summer move for Victor Osimhen.
Manager Mikel Arteta is looking to bolster his squad with at least two attack-minded players in the summer as he aims to fill the void left by Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and the potential departures of Alexandre Lacazette and Eddie Nketiah, who are both out of contract at the end of this season.
Osimhen is on the radar of clubs in the Premier League but his 110 million euros asking price would likely prove a stumbling block for Arsenal, given that their record acquisition is Nicolas Pépé who joined for €80 million.
Anyikude says he wants to see the Napoli striker at Arsenal and does not think money would be an issue.
"At the moment, Victor Osimhen for sure. We have the money to pay to get him. He’s still very raw though but you can clearly see that he’s getting there," AFTV's Kelechi told The Punch.
"I think Arsenal can spend this summer. The Kronke’s have backed Mikel Arteta with £250m or more so I think we have the money.
"Is €100m on the high side for Osimhen at the moment, I think it is but if it’s in his contract I think we’ll have to pay it."
Osimhen is the most expensive African-born in history, with Napoli signing him from Lille for a fee of seventy million euros in 2020.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Best sites to predict football scores
- Opinion: The Arsenal transfer target Leicester City star Ndidi should replace at West Ham
- 'He's done okay' - Former Aston Villa striker urges Everton to cash in on Iwobi
- Lille ahead of Burnley in race for Gift Orban but Gent playing hardball over striker's transfer
- Official: FC Cincinnati sign Aghedo until end of the season plus club options
- Official: Bournemouth release 19yo winger of Nigerian descent
- Confirmed: Schalke 04 will not sign former Celtic defender Jenz on a full deal
- CIES report suggests Manchester United and Chelsea target Osimhen is valued at N38.1b
- Chukwueze's link with Real Madrid: Is Villarreal winger a better than option than Rodrygo?
- Southampton and Brighton join Crystal Palace in race to sign Chelsea's Nigerian defender
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football