Huddersfield Town got their Championship playoff campaign underway with a 1-1 draw against Luton Town at Kenilworth Road on Friday evening.
Luton Town were plagued by injury problems before the clash as Nigeria-eligible trio Gabriel Osho, Fred Onyedinma and top scorer Elijah Adebayo were sidelined and left out of the matchday squad.
Chelsea loanee Faustino Anjorin was named in the Terriers matchday squad but stayed put on the bench for the entirety of the game.
Danel Sinani's eleventh minute opener was canceled out by Sonny Bradley on the half hour mark.
Anjorin will be hoping to be involved in the second leg which will be played at the John Smith's Stadium on Monday, May 16, 2022.
In the other semifinal played on Saturday, Nottingham Forest put themselves in a strong position to qualify for the final after a 2-1 win over Sheffield United at Bramall Lane.
Denmark U19 international of Nigerian descent, William Osula was an unused substitute for the Blades.
Jack Colback and Brennan Johnson scored to give Forest a two-goal cushion but United pulled a goal back in stoppage time when Robinson headed in from a corner.
Nottingham Forest and Sheffield United meet again at The City Ground on Tuesday night.
Photo Credit : sufc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2021 Super Eagles invitee ruled out for the season after Patrick Vieira reveal
- League Two playoff semifinal : Koiki strikes; Leicester loanee subbed in; Egbo, Odimayo feature
- Peseiro named new Nigeria coach, subject to Portuguese signing agreed terms; Finidi promoted
- Osimhen must score two goals on final day of the season to trigger goal bonus of N56.2m
- EPL wrap : Etebo subbed in; starts for Eze, Kalu; Iheanacho, Lookman, Ekong, 4 others benched
- 'Casual defending' - 1994 AFCON winner backs referee's decision to award Tottenham a penalty vs Burnley
- 'He's really good' - Watford insider tips Super Eagles striker to leave Hornets this summer
- 'Things you love to see' - Balogun reacts as Mainz fan raises Rangers scarf vs Eintracht Frankfurt
- 'It's time he steps aside'- 2002 World Cupper wants to replace Amaju Pinnick as NFF President
- Three Lions boss Southgate considers giving 2017 Super Eagles invitee first England call-up
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football