Four players of Nigerian descent were involved in League Two playoff semifinal, first leg matches at the weekend.
At the One Call Stadium in Nottinghamshire on Saturday, Mansfield Town beat Northampton 2-1 with exciting left-back Ali Koiki playing the full game for the visitors.
The Stags established a two-goal lead by 32 minutes after goals from strikers Rhys Oates and Jordan Bowery but Koiki reduced the deficit in the 61st minute.
The Anglo-Nigerian defender finished into the bottom corner from the edge of the area, five minutes after Leicester City loanee Joshua Eppiah entered the game as a substitute.
With 52 percent of the votes, Koiki was named Northampton's Man of the Match.
In the other semifinal played on Sunday, it's advantage Swindon Town after they recorded a 2-1 win over Port Vale at the County Ground.
Crystal Palace academy product Mandela Egbo started and was in action for 74 minutes for Swindon Town before he was replaced by former Reading youth team skipper Akin Odimayo.
Harry McKirdy glanced a header into the bottom corner to open the scoring in the 26th minute and doubled the advantage midway through the second half when he smashed home the rebound after Payne's effort was saved by the goalkeeper.
James Wilson pulled a goal back with seven minutes left on the clock to leave the tie finely poised.
Photo Credit : ntfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigerian wingers Simon and Amoo react after receiving CAF Awards 2022 nominations
- 'We're very close' - Reading chief confident Nigeria-eligible winger would sign new deal
- Official : 2021-2022 Turkish 1.Lig second-highest scorer Eze joins Eyupspor
- Opinion : What Sadiq needs to do to fit into Emery's intense game style if Villarreal move happens
- Ex-Super Eagles star Sodje hails Golden Eaglets for WAFU B triumph, calls for youth development
- Simon, Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal stars, 25 others fight it out for CAF Player of the Year
- Amoo battles Manchester United starlet, 8 others for CAF Young Player of the Year
- OGC Nice or Leeds United : Examining which club would be best fit for Super Eagles star
- Veterans Invitational Tournament : N0.65m up for grabs as All Stars Abuja tackle USF in opener
- Spartak reveal when to expect news about Moses as ex-Chelsea star misses open training session
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football