Manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst named three Super Eagles stars in Rangers' traveling squad for Wednesday's Europa League showpiece against Eintracht Frankfurt at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Stadium in Seville.
It is confirmed that central defenders Leon Balogun and Calvin Bassey, and attacking midfielder Joe Aribo were part of the Light Blues players that landed in Seville on Monday afternoon.
The squad headed for Seville after their final training session at the Rangers Training Center.
Balogun was the only Nigerian player given minutes as Rangers completed their Premiership campaign with a 3-1 win against Hearts at the weekend.
Aribo and Bassey were rested for Saturdays' trip to Tynecastle Park, all but suggesting that they will return to the starting lineup against Eintracht Frankfurt.
The three Super Eagles stars are hoping to join a select group of Nigerian players who have won the competition since it was rebranded the Europa League namely John Obi Mikel and Victor Moses with Chelsea and Samuel Chukwueze with Villarreal last season.
Rangers are faced with a tough task when they take on Eintracht Frankfurt as the Germans are unbeaten in this season's Europa League.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria-eligible duo miss out on Arsenal training camp in Herzogenaurach
- Official : Ex-Chelsea midfielder of Nigerian descent signs scholarship deal with Fulham
- Official : SV Wehen Wiesbaden sign ex-Hamburg, Schalke youth teamer Ezeh
- Watford's Super Eagles GK likes Man Utd post confirming signing of Feyenoord fullback
- Former Chelsea star Moses reports for pre-season training at Spartak Moscow
- WAFCON : Three best and worst performers in Nigeria's defeat to South Africa
- 'He's a top level player' - Rangers icon understands why Southampton are interested in Nigeria star
- Significant update emerges on future of two Super Eagles stars and Nigeria U23 intl at Watford
- Opinion : Two English clubs that could benefit from signing Chelsea legend Mikel
- 'If we can do that' - 2019 Flying Eagles invitee targets promotion with Sheffield Wednesday
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football