Calvin Bassey is set to play the biggest game of his young career when Rangers face off with Eintracht Frankfurt in the Europa League final on Wednesday evening.
The Super Eagles left-back admitted that the prospect of being involved against the Eagles is so special.
Bassey acknowledged that his career has grown by leaps and bounds as he was playing in the U18 Premier League with Leicester City four years ago.
The Italian-born defender has enjoyed a breakout season in both the Scottish Premiership and Europa League, setting up three goals in 39 appearances, thirty seven of which he started, and made his Nigeria debut two months ago in a World Cup qualifier versus Ghana.
Speaking to Rangers TV, Bassey said : "100 percent. When I look at it four years ago I was just like an U18s footballer, I'm in the youth team and now four years on I can potentially play in the Europa League final.
"It's just crazy just looking at how far I've come and how happy I am everyday for being here and just being a part of it."
There are no prizes for guessing that Bassey will be named in the starting lineup against the German Bundesliga side, considering that the 22-year-old has gone the distance in the last ten games played by Rangers in the Europa League and was rested for the trip to Hearts at the weekend.
The Rangers number 3 is aiming to become the second Nigerian fullback to win the Europa League in its various guises, after Chidi Odiah who won it with CSKA Moscow in 2005.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Former Chelsea star Moses reports for pre-season training at Spartak Moscow
- WAFCON : Three best and worst performers in Nigeria's defeat to South Africa
- 'He's a top level player' - Rangers icon understands why Southampton are interested in Nigeria star
- Significant update emerges on future of two Super Eagles stars and Nigeria U23 intl at Watford
- Opinion : Two English clubs that could benefit from signing Chelsea legend Mikel
- 'If we can do that' - 2019 Flying Eagles invitee targets promotion with Sheffield Wednesday
- Nigeria player ratings: Ajibade bright spark; Plumptre blows hot and cold; Oshoala, Chikwelu struggle
- Five observations from Nigeria's Super Falcons defeat to South Africa's Bayana Bayana
- WAFCON Nigeria 1 RSA 2 : Atletico Madrid star nets consolation goal for defending champions
- Celtic or Rangers? Analysis of which club would be a great fit for Super Eagles striker
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football