Nigeria's U-20 national team, the Flying Eagles on Tuesday night booked their place in the final of the WAFU Zone B regional tournament with a 2-1 win over Ivory Coast after extra time.
The Ladon Bosso tutored side have qualified for the 2023 Africa U20 Cup of Nations following the win and will now face Benin in the final of the regional tournament on Friday, May 20.
The Flying Eagles went ahead in the first half through Daniel Daga who was the Man of the Match in the 2-2 draw against Burkina Faso.
The midfielder who again scooped the Man of the Match award on Tuesday night scored in the fifth minute, heading in a corner played by Ibrahim Muhammad.
However the Ivorians restored parity just before the halftime break from an exquisite free kick.
Nigeria has several scoring chances to put the Ivorians to sword but their goalkeeper severally came to their rescue.
The game ended a goal apiece in regulation time and had to be decided either in extra time or penalties.
Ibrahim Yahaya scored from the penalty spot in the second half of extra time and though the Ivorians threatened to restore parity it ended 2-1 in favour of Nigeria.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria-eligible duo miss out on Arsenal training camp in Herzogenaurach
- Official : Ex-Chelsea midfielder of Nigerian descent signs scholarship deal with Fulham
- Official : SV Wehen Wiesbaden sign ex-Hamburg, Schalke youth teamer Ezeh
- Watford's Super Eagles GK likes Man Utd post confirming signing of Feyenoord fullback
- Former Chelsea star Moses reports for pre-season training at Spartak Moscow
- WAFCON : Three best and worst performers in Nigeria's defeat to South Africa
- 'He's a top level player' - Rangers icon understands why Southampton are interested in Nigeria star
- Significant update emerges on future of two Super Eagles stars and Nigeria U23 intl at Watford
- Opinion : Two English clubs that could benefit from signing Chelsea legend Mikel
- 'If we can do that' - 2019 Flying Eagles invitee targets promotion with Sheffield Wednesday
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football