The following are the things we observed in the Flying Eagles' 2-1 win against Cote d’Ivoire that saw the team reach the final of the WAFU-UFOA B Championship.
1. Tricky Ivorians
The Baby Elephants went to the ground quite easily in the game in an attempt to con the referee and ultimately have the Nigerians booked. It worked a lot for them in large spells but were powerless in stopping the two goals.
2. Aminu Mohammad's Poor Game
The youngster had a good outing against Ghana but in the successive games against Burkina Faso and Cote d’Ivoire, his hitherto assured game dwindled.
Muhammad gave away passes and was lucky not to have seen another yellow card against the Ivorians.
3. The Pressing Game Must Be 'Activated'
One major thing that worked for the Ivorians to large extent is their physical approach to the game. They forced the Nigerians to their own half and tried to intimidate their investments are here too.
The Flying Eagles must also have this as part of their game-plan but with tact.
4. Ibrahim Yahaya To Start Final
He got off the bench to score the decisive penalty.
Coach Ladan Bosso must ensure that the nippy forward starts in the final alongside Ibrahim Muhammad as their combination cause plenty of troubles for their opponents.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Former Chelsea star Moses reports for pre-season training at Spartak Moscow
- WAFCON : Three best and worst performers in Nigeria's defeat to South Africa
- 'He's a top level player' - Rangers icon understands why Southampton are interested in Nigeria star
- Significant update emerges on future of two Super Eagles stars and Nigeria U23 intl at Watford
- Opinion : Two English clubs that could benefit from signing Chelsea legend Mikel
- 'If we can do that' - 2019 Flying Eagles invitee targets promotion with Sheffield Wednesday
- Nigeria player ratings: Ajibade bright spark; Plumptre blows hot and cold; Oshoala, Chikwelu struggle
- Five observations from Nigeria's Super Falcons defeat to South Africa's Bayana Bayana
- WAFCON Nigeria 1 RSA 2 : Atletico Madrid star nets consolation goal for defending champions
- Celtic or Rangers? Analysis of which club would be a great fit for Super Eagles striker
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football