Nigeria have achieved their objective of qualifying for the 2023 Africa U20 Cup of Nations following a hard-fought 2-1 win over Ivory Coast in the semifinal of the WAFU-UFOA Zone B U-20 Championship on Tuesday night.
The final against Benin is not a priority as the primary aim of the Flying Eagles coach and Nigerians was for the team to get one of the two slots to the U20 AFCON.
With the exception of the 2-0 win over Ghana in their Group B opener, Nigeria have conceded in every game they've played and that's after taking the lead.
The Flying Eagles defence is marshaled by Enyimba's Tosin Adegbite, who also captains the team.
Adegbite was asked during the post-match press conference why the Nigeria U20s have a tendency to lose control of games.
"Football is a game of two teams and even if you are playing a handicapped team they will have their own chances too," Adegbite said at the post-match presser monitored by allnigeriasoccer.com.
"As my coach said we have enough time to prepare for the Nations Cup so we'll work on that."
On what exactly is the problem, Adegbite responded : "I can't say the problem, if I know the problem I can't tell the media as they will use it against us.
"It's something we are working in training and we'll get it right".
Adegbite has started each of the three matches played by the Flying Eagles in Niger and is partnered in central defence by Akwa United's David Sholumade.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigerian wingers Simon and Amoo react after receiving CAF Awards 2022 nominations
- 'We're very close' - Reading chief confident Nigeria-eligible winger would sign new deal
- Official : 2021-2022 Turkish 1.Lig second-highest scorer Eze joins Eyupspor
- Opinion : What Sadiq needs to do to fit into Emery's intense game style if Villarreal move happens
- Ex-Super Eagles star Sodje hails Golden Eaglets for WAFU B triumph, calls for youth development
- Simon, Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal stars, 25 others fight it out for CAF Player of the Year
- Amoo battles Manchester United starlet, 8 others for CAF Young Player of the Year
- OGC Nice or Leeds United : Examining which club would be best fit for Super Eagles star
- Veterans Invitational Tournament : N0.65m up for grabs as All Stars Abuja tackle USF in opener
- Spartak reveal when to expect news about Moses as ex-Chelsea star misses open training session
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football