Anglo-Nigerian CM insists he wants to play first team football even if it means leaving ArsenalPublished: May 18, 2022
Anglo-Nigerian central midfielder Miguel Azeez has sent a message to Arsenal, saying he wants to play first team football next season, even if it means leaving the Emirates Stadium outfit.
The England youth international spent the first half of the season at Portsmouth but had to be recalled in the January transfer window due to a lack of game time, having made just six starts in all competitions.
Azeez has been on the books of the Gunners since the age of five, rising through the academy ranks before making his senior debut off the bench in a Europa League match with Dundalk in December 2020 - his only first team appearance to date for the London club.
"I want to play the full season in men’s football, wherever that is," Azeez said to Football. London.
"Whether that’s here, or someone else, it is what it is, but that’s the main goal for me."
Azeez has been a regular in Arsenal first team training and was a non-playing substitute in four consecutive Premier League matches last month.
Upon his return from Portsmouth, the 19-year-old featured for Arsenal's development squad in the Premier League 2 to keep up his match fitness.
"Learning from those top quality players, top quality managers and staff. So it’s been a really good experience learning from them every single day and try to take some of the stuff from over there back to the 23s.
"It’s important for being a leader and they have a lot of leaders in that team, so it’s good to add that to my game," he added.
Azeez signed his first professional contract with Arsenal in September 2019.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Troyes join Rangers in race for Fenerbahce's Nigeria international fullback
- Chelsea ready to break African transfer record for a GK to sign ex-Barcelona star
- Chukwueze and Moffi nominated for Europa Conference League Goal of the Tournament
- Cremonese and Rangers continue to thrash out terms for transfer of Super Eagles striker
- 2023 AFCONQ: Adebayo Adeleye has to prove himself in the absence of suspended Uzoho
- Manu Garba names eight players he groomed who have been called up for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- 'Has great prospects' - Manu Garba reveals Super Eagles invitee Nwachukwu is a star of the future
- Official: Lagos-born Man Utd youth product joins Hungarian champions Ferencvaros
- Super Eagles invitee Nwachukwu on target but Bendel Insurance's 21-match unbeaten run ends
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football