Anglo-Nigerian central midfielder Miguel Azeez has sent a message to Arsenal, saying he wants to play first team football next season, even if it means leaving the Emirates Stadium outfit.
The England youth international spent the first half of the season at Portsmouth but had to be recalled in the January transfer window due to a lack of game time, having made just six starts in all competitions.
Azeez has been on the books of the Gunners since the age of five, rising through the academy ranks before making his senior debut off the bench in a Europa League match with Dundalk in December 2020 - his only first team appearance to date for the London club.
"I want to play the full season in men’s football, wherever that is," Azeez said to Football. London.
"Whether that’s here, or someone else, it is what it is, but that’s the main goal for me."
Azeez has been a regular in Arsenal first team training and was a non-playing substitute in four consecutive Premier League matches last month.
Upon his return from Portsmouth, the 19-year-old featured for Arsenal's development squad in the Premier League 2 to keep up his match fitness.
"Learning from those top quality players, top quality managers and staff. So it’s been a really good experience learning from them every single day and try to take some of the stuff from over there back to the 23s.
"It’s important for being a leader and they have a lot of leaders in that team, so it’s good to add that to my game," he added.
Azeez signed his first professional contract with Arsenal in September 2019.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigerian wingers Simon and Amoo react after receiving CAF Awards 2022 nominations
- 'We're very close' - Reading chief confident Nigeria-eligible winger would sign new deal
- Official : 2021-2022 Turkish 1.Lig second-highest scorer Eze joins Eyupspor
- Opinion : What Sadiq needs to do to fit into Emery's intense game style if Villarreal move happens
- Ex-Super Eagles star Sodje hails Golden Eaglets for WAFU B triumph, calls for youth development
- Simon, Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal stars, 25 others fight it out for CAF Player of the Year
- Amoo battles Manchester United starlet, 8 others for CAF Young Player of the Year
- OGC Nice or Leeds United : Examining which club would be best fit for Super Eagles star
- Veterans Invitational Tournament : N0.65m up for grabs as All Stars Abuja tackle USF in opener
- Spartak reveal when to expect news about Moses as ex-Chelsea star misses open training session
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football