Relegated Championship club Barnsley have published their retained list for the 2022-2023 season, with decisions made on the future of two Nigerian-born players.
For the players aged under 24 as of June 30, 2022, Nigerian-born former Chelsea schoolboy Daniel Jinadu is among those released.
The Nigeria underage international arrived at Barnsley last summer following a successful trial and departs the club without making his professional debut.
Barnsley Football Club can confirm its retained list, which has been submitted to the EFL following the conclusion of the 21/22 campaign.— Barnsley FC (@BarnsleyFC) May 20, 2022
Thank you to Aapo Halme, George Miller and Daniel Jinadu for your efforts during your time at Oakwell, and best of luck for the future.
A goalkeeper by trade, Jinadu was a non-playing substitute for six first team games over the course of the 2021-2022 season, with five coming in the Championship.
The former Hammer was Nigeria's first choice goalkeeper at the 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup in Brazil.
Former Chelsea trialist Victor Adeboyejo has been classed among the players aged under 24 as of 30 June 2022 who have been retained or have a contract offer pending.
The Ibadan-born centre-forward scored three goals in 28 appearances for Barnsley in 2021-2022.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigerian wingers Simon and Amoo react after receiving CAF Awards 2022 nominations
- 'We're very close' - Reading chief confident Nigeria-eligible winger would sign new deal
- Official : 2021-2022 Turkish 1.Lig second-highest scorer Eze joins Eyupspor
- Opinion : What Sadiq needs to do to fit into Emery's intense game style if Villarreal move happens
- Ex-Super Eagles star Sodje hails Golden Eaglets for WAFU B triumph, calls for youth development
- Simon, Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal stars, 25 others fight it out for CAF Player of the Year
- Amoo battles Manchester United starlet, 8 others for CAF Young Player of the Year
- OGC Nice or Leeds United : Examining which club would be best fit for Super Eagles star
- Veterans Invitational Tournament : N0.65m up for grabs as All Stars Abuja tackle USF in opener
- Spartak reveal when to expect news about Moses as ex-Chelsea star misses open training session
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football