Glasgow Rangers have won the Scottish Cup, beating Heart of Midlothian 2-0 after extra-time in the final held at Hampden Park on Saturday.
Manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst made five changes to his side, one of which saw Leon Balogun join international teammates Calvin Bassey and Joe Aribo in the starting lineup.
Hearts midfielder Peter Haring picked up an early booking for a cynical foul on Bassey after three minutes.
Though the first half ended goalless, both sides had chances to break the deadlock, with Simms hitting the post from close range and Aribo glanced a header wide after a fantastic delivery from Bassey.
Rangers played most of the football in the second half but couldn't find the breakthrough.
Fifteen minutes from time, Bassey forced a fine save from Hearts goalkeeper Craig Gordon, while Aribo and Balogun saw their headers go over the bar in the 77th and 84th minute respectively.
Rangers got the job done in the first half of extra-time to eventually seal a 2-0 win.
In the fourth minute, Ryan Jack smashed home from the edge of the box, before Scott Wright fired the ball into the net from a counter-attack in the 97th minute.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigerian wingers Simon and Amoo react after receiving CAF Awards 2022 nominations
- 'We're very close' - Reading chief confident Nigeria-eligible winger would sign new deal
- Official : 2021-2022 Turkish 1.Lig second-highest scorer Eze joins Eyupspor
- Opinion : What Sadiq needs to do to fit into Emery's intense game style if Villarreal move happens
- Ex-Super Eagles star Sodje hails Golden Eaglets for WAFU B triumph, calls for youth development
- Simon, Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal stars, 25 others fight it out for CAF Player of the Year
- Amoo battles Manchester United starlet, 8 others for CAF Young Player of the Year
- OGC Nice or Leeds United : Examining which club would be best fit for Super Eagles star
- Veterans Invitational Tournament : N0.65m up for grabs as All Stars Abuja tackle USF in opener
- Spartak reveal when to expect news about Moses as ex-Chelsea star misses open training session
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football