Udinese's Italian-Nigerian defender named in Serie A Team of the WeekPublished: May 23, 2022
Nigeria-eligible defender Destiny Udogie has been named in Whoscored.com's Serie A Team of the Week on the back of his outstanding performance for Udinese on the final day of the season.
The Italy U21 international was involved in two goals as Udinese ended the season with an impressive 4-0 road win over US Salernitana 1919 on Sunday.
After two step overs, Udogie set up the opening goal scored by Gerard Deulofeu and three minutes before halftime, the left-back made it 3-0 with a sensational finish with his weaker right foot from the edge of the area.
The talented teenager had an outstanding season with Udinese, scoring five goals and registering four assists in thirty five appearances in the division, 29 of which he started.
5 + 4 - Among the players with at least five goals and four assists in the Big-5 European leagues 2021/22, only Florian Wirtz and Jamal Musiala are younger than Destiny Udogie. Future.#SalernitanaUdinese— OptaPaolo 🏆 (@OptaPaolo) May 22, 2022
Against Salernitana, Udogie won one aerial duel, was accurate in 75 percent of his passes, made two key passes, and played one shot on target which ended up in the back of the net.
Looking at his defensive stats, he registered a game-high four tackles, made two clearances and one interception.
In a 4-4-2 formation, the 19-year-old, who was rated at 9.2,occupied the left side of a four-man defence.
Born in Verona, Udogie earned caps for his country of birth at U16, U17, U18, U19 and U20 levels before he was promoted to the U21s in the recently concluded season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Passport which expired in 2018 blocked Arsenal winger from making Flying Eagles' AFCON squad
- Tottenham Hotspur offer new deal to Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Flying Eagles coach names three foreign-based stars in 30-man provisional AFCON squad
- 'Two goals of exceptionally quality' - Reims coach hails 'incredible' on-loan Gunner Balogun
- Arteta promotes U15 player to Arsenal first team training, promising GK eligible for Nigeria
- Pundit omits Madueke as he names the new players likely to be included in Chelsea's UCL squad
- 'That was going in' - McFadden reacts to Forest striker Dennis nearly scoring v Man Utd
- Arsenal loanee Balogun steals the show with first career hat-trick against Lorient
- Zambia enough test for Flying Eagles ahead U20 AFCON - Former West Brom defender
- Danish club to pocket N0.8b from Genk's sale of Onuachu to Southampton
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football