The Daily Mail UK is reporting that the Light Blues have placed a price tag of £25 million (approximately N13.1 billion in Nigerian currency) on Bassey amid interest from Premier League clubs.
If the versatile left-back is sold for that fee, he would become the most expensive Nigerian defender in history, surpassing ex-Inter Milan star Taribo West, who was once the most expensive defender in the world at 10.2million pounds.
Rangers signed the Nigerian for peanuts as he was out of contract at Leicester City, who were entitled to only £230,000 compensation.
Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa and David Moyes' West Ham United are among the clubs interested in the services of the Nigeria international .
2021-2022 was the best season of Bassey's career so far, playing a key role for Rangers in the Premiership, Europa League and Scottish Cup after forcing his way into the first team.
Rangers' most expensive sale is the £11.5m plus add-ons they received for young Scotland right-back Nathan Patterson, meaning Bassey is also in line to become the club's most expensive outbound transfer in history.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigerian wingers Simon and Amoo react after receiving CAF Awards 2022 nominations
- 'We're very close' - Reading chief confident Nigeria-eligible winger would sign new deal
- Official : 2021-2022 Turkish 1.Lig second-highest scorer Eze joins Eyupspor
- Opinion : What Sadiq needs to do to fit into Emery's intense game style if Villarreal move happens
- Ex-Super Eagles star Sodje hails Golden Eaglets for WAFU B triumph, calls for youth development
- Simon, Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal stars, 25 others fight it out for CAF Player of the Year
- Amoo battles Manchester United starlet, 8 others for CAF Young Player of the Year
- OGC Nice or Leeds United : Examining which club would be best fit for Super Eagles star
- Veterans Invitational Tournament : N0.65m up for grabs as All Stars Abuja tackle USF in opener
- Spartak reveal when to expect news about Moses as ex-Chelsea star misses open training session
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football