Official : Stoke City release ex-Golden Eaglets invitee; two Irish-Nigerians offered new dealsPublished: May 27, 2022
Championship club Stoke City have announced their retained and released list following the conclusion of the 2021-2022 season, with decisions taken on the future of three Nigeria-eligible youngsters.
2019 Golden Eaglets invitee Ifeanyi Udanoh will leave the bet365 Stadium when his contract expires on June 30, 2022.
The central defender signed scholarship forms with the Potters in the summer of 2020 and made fifteen appearances in the U18 Premier League over the course of the 2021-2022 season.
Stoke City are hoping to re-engage Irish-Nigerian starlets Gabriel Adebambo and David Okagbue for next season after their outstanding performance for the youth teams.
A centre-back by trade, Okagbue, 18, has been offered his first professional contract.
The tall and aggressive defender spent a portion of last season on loan at National League North club Chester on work experience.
A contract extension has been offered to 2002-born central midfielder Gabriel Adebambo, who managed only four appearances in the Premier League 2 due to injury.
Nigeria international Oghenekaro Etebo still has a contract with Stoke City until June 30, 2023.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Passport which expired in 2018 blocked Arsenal winger from making Flying Eagles' AFCON squad
- Tottenham Hotspur offer new deal to Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Flying Eagles coach names three foreign-based stars in 30-man provisional AFCON squad
- 'Two goals of exceptionally quality' - Reims coach hails 'incredible' on-loan Gunner Balogun
- Arteta promotes U15 player to Arsenal first team training, promising GK eligible for Nigeria
- Pundit omits Madueke as he names the new players likely to be included in Chelsea's UCL squad
- 'That was going in' - McFadden reacts to Forest striker Dennis nearly scoring v Man Utd
- Arsenal loanee Balogun steals the show with first career hat-trick against Lorient
- Zambia enough test for Flying Eagles ahead U20 AFCON - Former West Brom defender
- Danish club to pocket N0.8b from Genk's sale of Onuachu to Southampton
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football