Championship club Hull City have been linked with a move for 2017 Super Eagles invitee Anthony Nwakaeme in the summer transfer window.
Turkish media outlet Haber 7 claims the Tigers have made a transfer approach to sign the 33-year-old striker who wore the colours of Trabzonspor last season.
Nwakaeme has entered the last one month of his contract with Trabzonspor, whom he joined from Hapoel Beer Sheva in 2018.
The experienced player won the Turkish Super Lig with Trabzonspor last season and he played a significant part by scoring 13 goals and assisting 10 more in 30 appearances.
The report claims that Nwakaeme rejected Trabzonspor's contract extension offer as of now, thus making him a free agent this summer.
His agent is reportedly considering the three-year deal from Hull City which would see him earn 2.5 million euros (N1.1 billion in Nigerian currency).
Nwakaeme was in the Super Eagles side that held Algeria to a 1-1 draw in a 2018 World Cup qualifier but caps were not awarded for the match because Nigeria fielded an ineligible player.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'Most African coaches don't respect themselves' - Udeze backs Onana in World Cup row with Song
- Graham Potter promotes German-born Nigerian RB to Chelsea first team training
- Official : Watford loan out teenage striker of Nigerian descent
- Crystal Palace's Nigeria-eligible winger emerges as transfer target for Sheffield Wednesday
- 'Joint top scorer', 'Too good', 'Magnificent' - Nigerian fans hail England's two-goal hero Rashford
- World Cup 2022 : Nigerian fans hail United States match-winner Christian Pulisic
- Okocha impressed with Gakpo's form but highlights Netherlands have not dominated games
- 'Security of the team', Led from the front', 'Just too good today' - Nigerian fans applaud Koulibaly
- 'The finish of a real marksman' - Ex-Nigeria striker praises Senegal defender's goal v Ecuador
- 'Sarr is not Mane' - Okocha reveals it's difficult for Senegal to replace Bayern Munich star
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football