Official : Former Flying Eagles invitee joins Ipswich Town wef July 1, 2022Published: May 30, 2022
Through a statement on their official website, Ipswich Town have announced that 2011 Flying Eagles invitee Freddie Ladapo will become the Blues' first summer signing when he joins the club following the expiry of his contract at Rotherham United.
Ladapo still has an existing contract with The Millers until June 30, 2022 and will be moving on to pastures new after rejecting a new deal to extend his stay at the AESSEAL New York Stadium.
The 29-year-old comes with a lot of repuation, with 58 career goals in 197 appearances in the Football League, and made his Premier League debut against Manchester United in September 2017.
In his final season at Rotherham United, he won the Papa John's trophy and helped them seal promotion to the second-tier of English football by scoring eleven goals in the League One.
On his curriculum vitae, he counts Southend United, Colchester United, Crystal Palace, Plymouth Argyle, Kidderminster Harriers, Margate among others as his previous clubs.
✍️ Welcome to #itfc, Freddie!— Ipswich Town FC (@IpswichTown) May 30, 2022
The 29-year-old frontman, who has penned a three-year deal at Portman Road, will join Town following the expiration of his contract with Rotherham United in June.
Speaking after putting pen to paper, Ladapo told the club's official website : "The chance to come and play for this club, with the history and fanbase it has, is brilliant for me. I am buzzing.
"The manager has plans and goals here, and this feels like the perfect fit for me."
Ladapo has signed a thre-year contract, keeping him at Portman Road until June 30, 2025.
Photo Credit : itfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Passport which expired in 2018 blocked Arsenal winger from making Flying Eagles' AFCON squad
- Tottenham Hotspur offer new deal to Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Flying Eagles coach names three foreign-based stars in 30-man provisional AFCON squad
- 'Two goals of exceptionally quality' - Reims coach hails 'incredible' on-loan Gunner Balogun
- Arteta promotes U15 player to Arsenal first team training, promising GK eligible for Nigeria
- Pundit omits Madueke as he names the new players likely to be included in Chelsea's UCL squad
- 'That was going in' - McFadden reacts to Forest striker Dennis nearly scoring v Man Utd
- Arsenal loanee Balogun steals the show with first career hat-trick against Lorient
- Zambia enough test for Flying Eagles ahead U20 AFCON - Former West Brom defender
- Danish club to pocket N0.8b from Genk's sale of Onuachu to Southampton
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football