Ex-Inter striker reveals who should be sold between Osimhen and Chelsea, Spurs target KoulibalyPublished: June 04, 2022
Former Inter Milan striker Arturo Di Napoli has shared his opinion on who should be sold between Victor Osimhen and Kalidou Koulibaly this summer.
Despite Napoli qualifying for next season's Champions League, the two African stars continue to be linked with a departure from the Diego Maradona Stadium, with teams in the Premier League and Serie A credited with an interest.
Osimhen's impressive displays last season have made him a summer target for Newcastle United, while Arsenal and Manchester United are mulling over a move for the 23-year-old.
Koulibaly is attracting interest from Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur, Barcelona and Juventus according to Spanish sports daily Diario Sport.
The Senegalese has played nonstop at Napoli since 2014 after joining from Belgian Pro League side Racing Genk, scoring 14 goals in 317 appearances.
Di Napoli has explained why Napoli should be prioritizing the sale of Koulibaly over their record acquisition, Osimhen.
"Who would you sacrifice between Koulibaly and Osimhen ? Kalidou has been there for many years and maybe he wants to experience new emotions, " Di Napoli told TMW Radio, via Mondo Napoli.
"Victor can perhaps stay a year for the final consecration. At this point I would sacrifice the Senegalese. We know De Laurentiis, perhaps Spalletti will have to expect some surprises".
AFCON winner Koulibaly has one year left on his contract with Napoli, while Osimhen is under contract until June 30, 2025.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Passport which expired in 2018 blocked Arsenal winger from making Flying Eagles' AFCON squad
- Tottenham Hotspur offer new deal to Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Flying Eagles coach names three foreign-based stars in 30-man provisional AFCON squad
- 'Two goals of exceptionally quality' - Reims coach hails 'incredible' on-loan Gunner Balogun
- Arteta promotes U15 player to Arsenal first team training, promising GK eligible for Nigeria
- Pundit omits Madueke as he names the new players likely to be included in Chelsea's UCL squad
- 'That was going in' - McFadden reacts to Forest striker Dennis nearly scoring v Man Utd
- Arsenal loanee Balogun steals the show with first career hat-trick against Lorient
- Zambia enough test for Flying Eagles ahead U20 AFCON - Former West Brom defender
- Danish club to pocket N0.8b from Genk's sale of Onuachu to Southampton
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football