Report : Turkish giants Besiktas credited with interest in Super Eagles' ex-Man Utd strikerPublished: June 17, 2022
Turkish Super Lig giants Besiktas are reportedly interested in signing Nigeria international Odion Ighalo this summer.
Sports daily Fanatik citing unnamed Arabic media claims that Besiktas have made an offer of three million euros for the former Manchester United striker.
The report sensationally revealed that Ighalo was looking forward to returning to Europe.
Apart from a one-year association with Manchester United, the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations top scorer has worn the colours of Lyn Oslo, Udinese, Cesena, Granada and Watford in the past.
Coming off the best season in his career in terms of goals scored in a single campaign, Ighalo is proving that age is just a number.
The 33-year-old tallied a remarkable 28 goals in 39 all-competition appearances combined for Al Hilal and Al-Shabab FC (Riyadh) in 2021-2022 and featured in the Club World Cup.
Ighalo's wages could be a stumbling block to Besiktas' potential move to sign the former Flying Eagles captain.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- Victor Boniface yet to start negotiations with any team amid Eintracht Frankfurt, Leipzig links
- 'Many lies were told' - Italian pundit claims Osimhen was not sincere about his Napoli future
- Brentford, Leicester stars named in Super Eagles expanded squad for 2023 AFCONQ
- Central defender of African descent returns to Chelsea
- Opposition watch: Canada include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd stars in provisional WWC squad
- Super Eagles striker linked with departure from Southampton, drawing interest from 3 clubs
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football