Randers sporting director Søren Pedersen has refused to deny that Scottish Premiership giants Glasgow Rangers and Celtic have made enquiries over the availability of Nigeria international Stephen Odey this summer.
Allnigeriasoccer.com reported on Sunday that the Hoops and their bitter rivals have Odey on their radar but stressed that no bid has been made as of now.
Allnigeriasoccer.com can independently confirm that there has been direct communication with Rangers transfer chief Ross Wilson about a possible deal, while Celtic have made an enquiry about his asking price.
When asked to confirm whether or not the two Glasgow clubs were interested in Odey, Pedersen told our colleagues at Danish outlet bold.dk : "It can happen easily. There are many clubs that have shown interest in him because he is a good player, but there is nothing concrete from there.
"We are happy for him and it is not something where we say that he should be sold in this window.
"He has a great sporting value, so if we were to say yes to something, it must be both the right club and the right amount".
Pedersen confirmed that a bid from an unnamed club was rejected but has disputed the amount and the striker's asking price.
Allnigeriasoccer.com can now reveal the identity of the Belgian Pro League team that made a bid for Odey.
It is confirmed that last season's surprise package Royale Union Saint-Gilloise saw an initial bid of 1.5 million euros rejected by Randers and the Belgian club came with a new offer of 3 million euros including variables but it was also turned down.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'Most African coaches don't respect themselves' - Udeze backs Onana in World Cup row with Song
- Graham Potter promotes German-born Nigerian RB to Chelsea first team training
- Official : Watford loan out teenage striker of Nigerian descent
- Crystal Palace's Nigeria-eligible winger emerges as transfer target for Sheffield Wednesday
- 'Joint top scorer', 'Too good', 'Magnificent' - Nigerian fans hail England's two-goal hero Rashford
- World Cup 2022 : Nigerian fans hail United States match-winner Christian Pulisic
- Okocha impressed with Gakpo's form but highlights Netherlands have not dominated games
- 'Security of the team', Led from the front', 'Just too good today' - Nigerian fans applaud Koulibaly
- 'The finish of a real marksman' - Ex-Nigeria striker praises Senegal defender's goal v Ecuador
- 'Sarr is not Mane' - Okocha reveals it's difficult for Senegal to replace Bayern Munich star
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football