Nottingham Forest-bound Nigeria striker says goodbye to his teammatesPublished: June 22, 2022
The transfer of Nigeria international Taiwo Awoniyi to English Premier League newcomers Nottingham Forest is imminent.
According to Berlin-based German newspaper B.Z., Awoniyi said goodbye to his Union Berlin teammates in the dressing room on Wednesday morning.
The report added that the former Liverpool starlet left Alte Försterei at 1005 hours with a trolley case to his car, got in and left the Union compound as his teammates were in the dressing room preparing for their first joint training session of the pre-season.
Awoniyi is expected to complete his move to Nottingham Forest this week, provided his release clause of 20 million euros is triggered and subject to a routine medical and agreeing personal terms.
The 24-year-old is set to make a return to the Premier League, a year after ending his six-year association with Liverpool without playing a single game due to a work permit obstacle.
He departs Union Berlin after mustering 25 goals in 65 appearances for the club across two spells, first on loan before the transfer was made permanent last summer.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Passport which expired in 2018 blocked Arsenal winger from making Flying Eagles' AFCON squad
- Tottenham Hotspur offer new deal to Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Flying Eagles coach names three foreign-based stars in 30-man provisional AFCON squad
- 'Two goals of exceptionally quality' - Reims coach hails 'incredible' on-loan Gunner Balogun
- Arteta promotes U15 player to Arsenal first team training, promising GK eligible for Nigeria
- Pundit omits Madueke as he names the new players likely to be included in Chelsea's UCL squad
- 'That was going in' - McFadden reacts to Forest striker Dennis nearly scoring v Man Utd
- Arsenal loanee Balogun steals the show with first career hat-trick against Lorient
- Zambia enough test for Flying Eagles ahead U20 AFCON - Former West Brom defender
- Danish club to pocket N0.8b from Genk's sale of Onuachu to Southampton
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football