The wheels are starting to turn as the summer transfer window gets off to a quick start with several high-profile deals being completed around the world.
Nigerian players are also not left out as Italian transfer market guru Fabrizio Romano confirms that Malcolm Ebiowei has almost completed a transfer to Crystal Palace after rejecting a proposal from Premier League giants Manchester United.
It is surprising to learn that the winger rejected a move to Old Trafford. This is the level of transfer move that young footballers dream of and it will surely not be an easy decision for Ebiowei to take and his decision would be influenced by a lot of factors and things he prioritised which allnigeriasoccer.com will be taking a look at.
This is the most crucial thing in the development of a youngster. Due to his tremendous ability, it's easy to forget that Ebiowei is only 18 years old and he still has a lot of improvements to make in his gameplay.
This would surely be a crucial reason why he rejected Manchester United as the Red Devils wouldn't guarantee the playing time he needed.
Another crucial thing needed in the development of youngsters is stability. It is better to play for a lower team regularly and get to improve consistently than to be shopped out on yearly loans.
The probability of going out on loan at Manchester United is much higher than at Crystal Palace which could also be a big factor in Ebiowei's decision.
The glamour of playing for top clubs is highly underrated in football. Playing for a top club brings much recognition and popularity to young players which could derail their focus and determination.
A lot of promising players have faded because they couldn't handle the popularity that came with playing for a big club. It'll be better to learn the ropes in a less glamorous club before making the step up.
This is another angle Ebiowei may have considered before making his decision. What role will he be given? Will he be an important member of the team or just another player?
Players are also humans and they thrive in different environments and responsibilities. Some players perform best when under pressure while others wilt away.
Manchester United will undoubtedly be unable to offer him a key squad role which may be available at Crystal Palace. The likes of Olise and Eze being key players may have also influenced his decision.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigerian wingers Simon and Amoo react after receiving CAF Awards 2022 nominations
- 'We're very close' - Reading chief confident Nigeria-eligible winger would sign new deal
- Official : 2021-2022 Turkish 1.Lig second-highest scorer Eze joins Eyupspor
- Opinion : What Sadiq needs to do to fit into Emery's intense game style if Villarreal move happens
- Ex-Super Eagles star Sodje hails Golden Eaglets for WAFU B triumph, calls for youth development
- Simon, Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal stars, 25 others fight it out for CAF Player of the Year
- Amoo battles Manchester United starlet, 8 others for CAF Young Player of the Year
- OGC Nice or Leeds United : Examining which club would be best fit for Super Eagles star
- Veterans Invitational Tournament : N0.65m up for grabs as All Stars Abuja tackle USF in opener
- Spartak reveal when to expect news about Moses as ex-Chelsea star misses open training session
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football