Football governing body, Fifa, on Thursday, June 23, 2022 published its latest ranking of National Teams.
Three-time African champions Nigeria have dropped to 31st in the latest ranking released this morning, down one spot from the ranking announced at the end of March.
After the 2022 World Cup playoff against Ghana, the Super Eagles played four matches, losing by the narrowest of margins to Mexico and Ecuador in friendlies that took place in the United States, before back-to-back wins against Sierra Leone and São Tomé and Príncipe in 2023 Africa Cup of Nations Qualifying.
Nigeria are now the fourth highest ranked country among Confederation of African Football Teams, with Tunisia replacing them in the top three.
Senegal, Morocco and Cameroon complete the top five ranked African teams in that order.
Our rivals to book a ticket to the 2023 AFCON in the shape of Sierra Leone, Guinea Bissau and São Tomé and Príncipe are ranked 113th, 115th and 187th respectively.
The top ten teams in the world are : Brazil, Belgium, Argentina, France, England, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal and Denmark.
The next world ranking will be published by the official website of FIFA on August 25, 2022.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigerian wingers Simon and Amoo react after receiving CAF Awards 2022 nominations
- 'We're very close' - Reading chief confident Nigeria-eligible winger would sign new deal
- Official : 2021-2022 Turkish 1.Lig second-highest scorer Eze joins Eyupspor
- Opinion : What Sadiq needs to do to fit into Emery's intense game style if Villarreal move happens
- Ex-Super Eagles star Sodje hails Golden Eaglets for WAFU B triumph, calls for youth development
- Simon, Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal stars, 25 others fight it out for CAF Player of the Year
- Amoo battles Manchester United starlet, 8 others for CAF Young Player of the Year
- OGC Nice or Leeds United : Examining which club would be best fit for Super Eagles star
- Veterans Invitational Tournament : N0.65m up for grabs as All Stars Abuja tackle USF in opener
- Spartak reveal when to expect news about Moses as ex-Chelsea star misses open training session
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football