Taiwo Awoniyi's transfer to Nottingham Forest is in the bag, with the striker signing a five-year deal with the English Premier League newcomers following a successful physical examination.
The transfer fee for the Nigeria international is 20 million euros but not all of it will go to Union Berlin as Liverpool inserted a ten percent sell-on clause into the deal taking him to the Bundesliga club last summer.
Union Berlin were resigned to losing Awoniyi after a banner season that saw him register twenty goals in 43 appearances across all competitions and ending the campaign as the sixth highest goalscorer in the German top flight.
The 24-year-old is returning to the Premier League a year after he was sold by Liverpool for a fee of 6.5 million euros.
Commenting on the departure of the club's record scorer in the Bundesliga, Oliver Ruhnert, Union Berlin's Managing Director for Professional Football admitted that the striker will be sadly missed.
"It was clear that a player like Taiwo will attract the attention of other clubs with his performances," Oliver Ruhnert told Union Berlin's official webpage.
"From a sporting and personal point of view, he is a great loss for our team, which must now be absorbed.
"We wish Taiwo all the best for the future and thank him for his achievements in the shirt of 1. FC Union Berlin."
Awoniyi is the third Nigerian attacker to end his association with Union Berlin this summer, after Anthony Ujah and Suleiman Abdullahi.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Official : Nigerian winger and Galatasaray agree to contract termination
- 'I'll be able to develop further with Conte' - Italian-Nigerian LB says ahead of move to Spurs
- How to bet on handicaps in football
- West Ham United's Irish-Nigerian striker linked with loan move
- Official : Esperance loan out Super Eagles striker to Ligue Professionnelle 1 champions
- Opinion: Why Chelsea's game against Tottenham is a call for Nigeria's most valuable player
- Super Eagles-eligible midfielder plays his first competitive game since arrival at Chelsea
- Eze instrumental, Olise makes comeback as Liverpool held to draw by Crystal Palace
- Osimhen scores and assists as rampaging Napoli destroy Verona in Serie A opener
- EPL 30th anniversary : Allardyce recalls nostalgic moments with magical ex-Nigeria captain
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football