The transfer of Derby County winger Malcolm Ebiowei to Crystal Palace should be officially announced in the coming days after the former Nigeria U17 invitee signed a deal with the Eagles, transfer market guru Fabrizio Romano reported on Sunday morning.
The former Chelsea and Arsenal schoolboy is returning to London after putting pen to paper on a five-year deal that will keep him at Selhurst Park until June 30, 2027 if the parties honour the agreement.
Although Ebiowei is technically a free agent on June 30, Crystal Palace must pay compensation to Derby County because the winger was offered a new contract and is a player under the age of 24.
Malcolm Ebiowei has now signed the contract with Crystal Palace player, as expected. Deal done and sealed after medical already completed this week. 🔴🔵🏴 #CPFC— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) June 26, 2022
Official announcement coming soon - as it’s fully agreed also with Derby County on compensation fee.
Prior to agreeing terms with Palace, the 18-year-old rejected advances from Manchester United, clubs in Belgium, France and the Netherlands.
Last season, Ebiowei managed to sneak into the starting lineup of Derby County after impressing for their youth teams and got sixteen games under his belt in the Championship, scoring once and providing two assists.
He trained with the Golden Eaglets class of 2019 in Turkey and Abuja before the World Cup in Brazil three years ago.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Official : Nigerian winger and Galatasaray agree to contract termination
- 'I'll be able to develop further with Conte' - Italian-Nigerian LB says ahead of move to Spurs
- How to bet on handicaps in football
- West Ham United's Irish-Nigerian striker linked with loan move
- Official : Esperance loan out Super Eagles striker to Ligue Professionnelle 1 champions
- Opinion: Why Chelsea's game against Tottenham is a call for Nigeria's most valuable player
- Super Eagles-eligible midfielder plays his first competitive game since arrival at Chelsea
- Eze instrumental, Olise makes comeback as Liverpool held to draw by Crystal Palace
- Osimhen scores and assists as rampaging Napoli destroy Verona in Serie A opener
- EPL 30th anniversary : Allardyce recalls nostalgic moments with magical ex-Nigeria captain
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football