The Confederation of African Football has revealed the first list of nominees for the CAF Awards 2022 which will be held on 21 July 2022 in Rabat, Morocco.
FC Copenhagen winger Akinkunmi Amoo has been nominated for the Young Player of the Year (Men).
And the 2022 Super Eagles invitee is joined on the shortlist by nine other outstanding African youngsters namely Hannibal Mejbri (Tunisia & Manchester United), Dango Ouattara (Burkina Faso & Lorient), Karim Konate (Cote d’Ivoire & ASEC/RB Salzburg), Jesus Owono (Equatorial Guinea & Alaves), James Gomez (The Gambia & AC Horsens), Kamaldeen Sulemana (Ghana & Rennes), Ilaix Moriba Kourouma (Guinea & Valencia), El Bilal Toure (Mali & Reims) and Pape Matar Sarr (Senegal & Metz).
The prestigious award has been won by Super Eagles duo Alex Iwobi and Victor Osimhen in the past.
Amoo enjoined a stunning 2021 season at Hammarby, making 36 appearances in domestic competitions in which he was involved in 18 goals (13 goals, 5 assists).
After a fantastic campaign, the 2019 Golden Eaglets sensation earned a move to Danish powerhouse FC Copenhagen in the January transfer window.
Amoo received his first call-up to Nigeria's senior national team for a pair of games against Ghana in the 2022 World Cup playoff in March but was not given minutes.
The winner of the Young Player of the Year (Men) will be decided by a voting panel made up of CAF Technical Committee, media professionals, Head Coaches and Captains of Member Associations.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'I'll be able to develop further with Conte' - Italian-Nigerian LB says ahead of move to Spurs
- How to bet on handicaps in football
- West Ham United's Irish-Nigerian striker linked with loan move
- Official : Esperance loan out Super Eagles striker to Ligue Professionnelle 1 champions
- Opinion: Why Chelsea's game against Tottenham is a call for Nigeria's most valuable player
- Super Eagles-eligible midfielder plays his first competitive game since arrival at Chelsea
- Eze instrumental, Olise makes comeback as Liverpool held to draw by Crystal Palace
- Osimhen scores and assists as rampaging Napoli destroy Verona in Serie A opener
- EPL 30th anniversary : Allardyce recalls nostalgic moments with magical ex-Nigeria captain
- Ex-African Footballer of the Year labels Gabriel Jesus a 'massive asset' for Arsenal
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football