Malcolm Ebiowei completed his move to Premier League side Crystal Palace on Friday, July 1 following the expiry of his contract with Derby County.
The Eagles have pulled off a significant transfer coup to sign the 2019 Golden Eaglets invitee, beating the likes of Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur and Monaco to his signature.
Following a successful medical late last month, Ebiowei put pen to paper on a five-year contract, keeping him at Selhurst Park until the end of the 2026-2027 season if the two parties honour the agreement.
The former Arsenal and Chelsea schoolboy has admitted that his biggest hero in football is Manchester United superstar Cristiano Ronaldo.
Ebiowei is hoping to learn from Crystal Palace's standout attacking player Wilfried Zaha and wants to emulate his footballing idol, Ronaldo.
Speaking to the official webpage of Crystal Palace, Ebiowei said : "[My hero] has always been Ronaldo. Obviously there is Neymar and Messi, Ronaldinho, but it’s always been Ronaldo – he’s the one that stands for me.
"I like to take players on. I’m creative, fearless. I like to win – I really like to win. If you see me getting emotional, it means I like to win – I’m not sulking!
"I’d like to learn off [Wilf] Zaha for example, because he’s been doing it at the highest level for a very long time now. I’d like to learn off him."
Ebiowei will join manager Patrick Vieira's first team squad for the 2022-2023 season and will compete with Nigeria-eligible wingers Eberechi Eze and Michael Olise for a spot in the starting lineup.
Photo Credit : cpfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Official : Nigerian winger and Galatasaray agree to contract termination
- 'I'll be able to develop further with Conte' - Italian-Nigerian LB says ahead of move to Spurs
- How to bet on handicaps in football
- West Ham United's Irish-Nigerian striker linked with loan move
- Official : Esperance loan out Super Eagles striker to Ligue Professionnelle 1 champions
- Opinion: Why Chelsea's game against Tottenham is a call for Nigeria's most valuable player
- Super Eagles-eligible midfielder plays his first competitive game since arrival at Chelsea
- Eze instrumental, Olise makes comeback as Liverpool held to draw by Crystal Palace
- Osimhen scores and assists as rampaging Napoli destroy Verona in Serie A opener
- EPL 30th anniversary : Allardyce recalls nostalgic moments with magical ex-Nigeria captain
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football