'Bundesliga is stronger than RPL' - Ex-CSKA star on Ejuke's possible move to Hertha BSCPublished: July 01, 2022
Former CKSA Moscow midfielder Alexander Grishin says he understands the decision of Nigeria winger Chidera Ejuke to swap the Russian Premier League for the German Bundesliga.
Hertha Berlin are on the verge of announcing the signing of the Super Eagles star who has agreed personal terms with the capital outfit.
Fifa has ruled that foreign footballers and coaching staff from the Russian Premier League will be allowed to unilaterally suspend their contracts at Russian clubs until the summer of 2023, paving the way for Ejuke to join Hertha Berlin on a season-long loan.
The former Vålerenga and Heerenveen man is still under contract with CSKA Moscow until June 30, 2024.
Grishin refused to criticize Ejuke, saying that the Bundesliga is stronger than the Russian Premier League and Russian clubs have been banned from participating in European competitions.
"I just read about Ejuke myself and, frankly, I’m very surprised. I thought he would be left. But Ejuka can also be understood: we don’t have European cups, and Germany is not our league, it’s Europe," Grishin said to Championat.com.
"There is a big difference with what he plays in Russia. The Bundesliga is stronger than the RPL. Ejuke does everything right."
Ejuke was involved in every single league game played by CSKA Moscow last term, thirty in total, and directly participated in ten goals (5 goals, 5 assists).
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football