'Bundesliga is stronger than RPL' - Ex-CSKA star on Ejuke's possible move to Hertha BSCPublished: July 01, 2022
Former CKSA Moscow midfielder Alexander Grishin says he understands the decision of Nigeria winger Chidera Ejuke to swap the Russian Premier League for the German Bundesliga.
Hertha Berlin are on the verge of announcing the signing of the Super Eagles star who has agreed personal terms with the capital outfit.
Fifa has ruled that foreign footballers and coaching staff from the Russian Premier League will be allowed to unilaterally suspend their contracts at Russian clubs until the summer of 2023, paving the way for Ejuke to join Hertha Berlin on a season-long loan.
The former Vålerenga and Heerenveen man is still under contract with CSKA Moscow until June 30, 2024.
Grishin refused to criticize Ejuke, saying that the Bundesliga is stronger than the Russian Premier League and Russian clubs have been banned from participating in European competitions.
"I just read about Ejuke myself and, frankly, I’m very surprised. I thought he would be left. But Ejuka can also be understood: we don’t have European cups, and Germany is not our league, it’s Europe," Grishin said to Championat.com.
"There is a big difference with what he plays in Russia. The Bundesliga is stronger than the RPL. Ejuke does everything right."
Ejuke was involved in every single league game played by CSKA Moscow last term, thirty in total, and directly participated in ten goals (5 goals, 5 assists).
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- Arsenal-owned striker of Nigerian descent makes senior debut for EFL club
- Iheanacho joins Brentford, Brighton, Forest, Fulham, Tottenham, Wolves stars in PL TOTW
- Revealed : Length of new deal signed by Wolverhampton Wanderers' Italian-Nigerian midfielder
- 'Very good player' - Ex-Barcelona CB admits it's difficult to defend against Terem Moffi
- Lookman best-rated player in Serie A Team of the Month but Osimhen misses out
- Where does Osimhen rank among world's best strikers?
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo makes big statement about his future after impressive debut for Sturm Graz
- Patrick Vieira rues Eze's missed chance in Eagles' loss to Manchester United
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football