Former CKSA Moscow midfielder Alexander Grishin says he understands the decision of Nigeria winger Chidera Ejuke to swap the Russian Premier League for the German Bundesliga.
Hertha Berlin are on the verge of announcing the signing of the Super Eagles star who has agreed personal terms with the capital outfit.
Fifa has ruled that foreign footballers and coaching staff from the Russian Premier League will be allowed to unilaterally suspend their contracts at Russian clubs until the summer of 2023, paving the way for Ejuke to join Hertha Berlin on a season-long loan.
The former Vålerenga and Heerenveen man is still under contract with CSKA Moscow until June 30, 2024.
Grishin refused to criticize Ejuke, saying that the Bundesliga is stronger than the Russian Premier League and Russian clubs have been banned from participating in European competitions.
"I just read about Ejuke myself and, frankly, I’m very surprised. I thought he would be left. But Ejuka can also be understood: we don’t have European cups, and Germany is not our league, it’s Europe," Grishin said to Championat.com.
"There is a big difference with what he plays in Russia. The Bundesliga is stronger than the RPL. Ejuke does everything right."
Ejuke was involved in every single league game played by CSKA Moscow last term, thirty in total, and directly participated in ten goals (5 goals, 5 assists).
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nottingham Forest linked with move for another Super Eagles winger
- 2022 FIFA U20 Women's World Cup : Five observations from Nigeria's 1-0 win against France
- U20 WWC Falconets player ratings : Demehin leader, Oyono commanding, Oshobukola technical
- France 0 Nigeria 1 : Sabastine goal earns Falconets late win over The Little Blues
- Official : Burnley newbie Tella allocated shirt number he wore at Southampton
- Arsenal legend references Moses as he backs Ryan Sessegnon to flourish as a wing-back
- Confirmed : Anglo-Spanish-Nigerian midfielder signs new deal with Crystal Palace
- Highly-rated Southampton attacking midfielder confirms move to Chelsea youth team
- The Nigeria star who would be a perfect replacement for Barcelona-bound Chelsea LB Alonso
- Why Southgate's visit to Chelsea Training Ground should be a wake-up call to Nigeria
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football