Confirmed deal : Former Flying Eagles striker inks three-year contract with Slovenian clubPublished: July 02, 2022
Slovenian PrvaLiga side NK Celje announced the signing of former Flying Eagles star Charles Chukwubuikem Ikwuemesi on Saturday.
The 20-year-old has inked a three-year deal with NK Celje, thus ending his association with NK Krsko, whom he joined in the January transfer window.
He spent the first half of the 2021-2022 campaign at Austrian Second League club Vorwärts Steyr, where he scored one goal and and bagged an assist in eight league matches.
Prior to Ikwuemesi's move to Europe, he played locally for Enugu based club Giant Brillars.
The promising striker has already started pre-season training with his new employers, scoring once in three friendly matches.
Speaking after the transfer was confirmed, Ikwuemesi told the official website of NK Celje : "Everyone welcomed me so well. I'm thrilled! I feel great in Celje, because my new teammates immediately took me in as their own.
"The excellent chemistry is also felt on the pitch and I'm happy to have signed a contract with the club."
He added : "I am standing on solid ground. I had to take a step back so that now I can take two forwards. I proved in Krško that I can do it and now I am very motivated to show it in Celje as well.
"I am self-confident and convinced that we can fulfill the club's high goals".
Ikwuemesi is the fifth player signed by NK Celje in the summer transfer window.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football