With the transfer window in full swing and clubs doing all they can to strengthen their squads ahead of the new season which begins in August, Nigerian winger Chidera Ejuke is on the brink of securing a transfer to German club Hertha Berlin from Russian outfit CSKA Moscow.
The flair winger is no doubt an excellent player and allnigeriasoccer.com takes a look at how he can fit in at the Bundesliga club if his proposed transfer goes through.
First, let us take a look at Ejuke's style of play.
Ejuke's style of play
Ejuke is a gifted player, the CSKA Moscow winger is blessed with flair, pace, trickery and outstanding dribbling ability. He has the ability to terrorise most full-backs when he is on form.
Ejuke is not one to idly stand about while his team is out of possession, he chases back to give his full-back adequate protection and leaves everything on the pitch.
Ejuke is also flexible. He is able to play in multiple positions across the forward line effectively. While being a primary left-winger, Ejuke has featured very well on the right side and down the middle in the past.
However, consistency and good end product have been his main issues although, he seems to be overcoming them currently.
Can Ejuke fit in at Hertha Berlin?
While former manager Labbadia was a flexible coach who frequently changed his tactics, Hertha Berlin's new coach Andre Schwarz who joined the club from Dynamo Moscow is an ardent user of the 4-1-4-1 formation.
The 4-1-4-1 is a flank-oriented set-up and if Schwarz is able to implement it successfully, Ejuke would flourish in such an environment as his qualities are perfectly suited to it.
Another plus for Ejuke in this set-up is that it requires hardworking individuals on the flank and the Nigerian is one of such players.
Although the winger tends to showboat and take his time on the ball before shooting, proper coaching would beat it out of him and automatically improve his output considering his beautiful shooting technique.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Chelsea vs Tottenham: Two things Tuchel needs to improve on ahead of crunch London derby
- Nottingham Forest linked with move for another Super Eagles winger
- 2022 FIFA U20 Women's World Cup : Five observations from Nigeria's 1-0 win against France
- U20 WWC Falconets player ratings : Demehin leader, Oyono commanding, Oshobukola technical
- France 0 Nigeria 1 : Sabastine goal earns Falconets late win over The Little Blues
- Official : Burnley newbie Tella allocated shirt number he wore at Southampton
- Arsenal legend references Moses as he backs Ryan Sessegnon to flourish as a wing-back
- Confirmed : Anglo-Spanish-Nigerian midfielder signs new deal with Crystal Palace
- Highly-rated Southampton attacking midfielder confirms move to Chelsea youth team
- The Nigeria star who would be a perfect replacement for Barcelona-bound Chelsea LB Alonso
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football