Confirmed : Arsenal loan out Anglo-Nigerian-Ugandan goalkeeperPublished: July 06, 2022
With a statement on their official website, Arsenal announced on Wednesday, July 6 that Nigerian goalkeeper Ovie Ejeheri has been loaned out to National League South side Chelmsford City.
The 19-year-old has joined the English sixth tier side until January 2023 in search of regular first team football but for a non-league club.
Ejeheri is currently behind Aaron Ramsdale, Bernd Leno, Matt Turner, Alex Runarsson and Arthur Okonkwo in the pecking order of goalkeepers at the Emirates Stadium and would have found it difficult making his senior debut in the first half of the 2022-2023 season if he was not loaned out to continue his development.
He joined the Arsenal Academy at the age of five, rising through the ranks before signing his first professional contract last summer.
Last term, Ejeheri made appearances in the U18 Premier League, Premier League 2 and Papa John's Trophy, where he faced Football League opposition in the form of Wigan Athletic, Ipswich Town, Newport County and Swindon Town.
The 6ft 5 in goalkeeper is also eligible to represent England and Uganda at youth level apart from Nigeria.
Photo Credit : chelmsfordcityfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- Arsenal-owned striker of Nigerian descent makes senior debut for EFL club
- Iheanacho joins Brentford, Brighton, Forest, Fulham, Tottenham, Wolves stars in PL TOTW
- Revealed : Length of new deal signed by Wolverhampton Wanderers' Italian-Nigerian midfielder
- 'Very good player' - Ex-Barcelona CB admits it's difficult to defend against Terem Moffi
- Lookman best-rated player in Serie A Team of the Month but Osimhen misses out
- Where does Osimhen rank among world's best strikers?
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo makes big statement about his future after impressive debut for Sturm Graz
- Patrick Vieira rues Eze's missed chance in Eagles' loss to Manchester United
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football