The African Women Cup Of Nations being held in Morocco has been nothing short of intense excitement.
Although the Nigerian Super Falcons team suffered an early defeat in their opening game against fierce rivals South Africa, there is a chance of redemption when they lock horns with Botswana today.
Botswana are no easy opponents as they walloped Burundi with a 4-2 scoreline in their opening game. While the Super Falcons remain the favourites to win the game against Botswana due to their quality and being the defending champions.
The task would be made harder by the absence of Barcelona star player Asisat Oshoala who has been ruled out of the rest of the tournament due to injury.
The 27-year-old suffered what was later described as a "grade two ligament injury" in the early stages of the game against South Africa but she played through the pain barrier before being substituted for Francisca Ordega in the 81st minute.
Injuries are a normal occurrence in a contact sport such as football but it is never a good sight and allnigeriasoccer.com wishes Asisat Oshoala a speedy recovery.
However, the team needs to adjust to the absence of the Barcelona forward and we take a look at two ways the Super Falcons can compensate for it.
Randy Waldrum squeezed two strikers Asisat Oshoala and Ifeoma Onumonu into a 4-3-3 setup against South Africa, with the Barcelona star unavailable, there may be a slight change in the set-up.
A 4-2-3-1 or any other setup that includes one striker may be utilised.
This is a simple change where another player replaces Oshoala in the lineup while the formation and tactics remain the same.
This may see a slight drop in the quality of the attack as Oshoala is nearly irreplaceable in the Super Falcons squad.
A tactical change would be the best option for Waldrum to compensate for Oshoala's absence as the Barcelona star brings a special skill set that is very difficult to replicate
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Official : Nigerian winger and Galatasaray agree to contract termination
- 'I'll be able to develop further with Conte' - Italian-Nigerian LB says ahead of move to Spurs
- How to bet on handicaps in football
- West Ham United's Irish-Nigerian striker linked with loan move
- Official : Esperance loan out Super Eagles striker to Ligue Professionnelle 1 champions
- Opinion: Why Chelsea's game against Tottenham is a call for Nigeria's most valuable player
- Super Eagles-eligible midfielder plays his first competitive game since arrival at Chelsea
- Eze instrumental, Olise makes comeback as Liverpool held to draw by Crystal Palace
- Osimhen scores and assists as rampaging Napoli destroy Verona in Serie A opener
- EPL 30th anniversary : Allardyce recalls nostalgic moments with magical ex-Nigeria captain
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football