Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Ovie Ejeheri is excited to be joining National League South side Chelmsford City on loan until the January transfer window.
For the first time since joining the club at the age of five, the talented Anglo-Nigerian-Ugandan youngster has departed the Gunners, albeit on a temporary basis, in search of regular first team football.
Ejeheri revealed that the Arsenal loan manager played a key role in his move to Chelmsford City and spoke about his strengths as a goalkeeper.
Asked how his move to Chelmsford City came about, Ejeheri said to Chelmsford City TV : "It came about through my loan manager, he just knows someone at Chelmsford and he recommended the team to me.
"I've done my own research and I like the team and it will be good to fit in."
The 19-year-old continued : "I'd say I'm a good shot stopper but I'm a pretty good all-round goalkeeper. I'm good with my feet, I'm good at taking crosses".
Last season, Ejeheri was invited to train with Arsenal's first team on several occasions and was the third choice goalkeeper for the Premier League meeting with Watford in November.
The Hale End Academy product was delighted to be given the opportunity to learn from Aaron Ramsdale and Bernd Leno.
"They are very good goalkeepers, good mentors. They are good to learn from and that's where you want to be."
Ejeheri is in line to make his unofficial debut for the Clarets on Saturday, July 9 when they travel to Coles Park to face Isthmian League Premier Division side Haringey Borough.
Photo Credit : chelmsfordcityfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Official : Nigerian winger and Galatasaray agree to contract termination
- 'I'll be able to develop further with Conte' - Italian-Nigerian LB says ahead of move to Spurs
- How to bet on handicaps in football
- West Ham United's Irish-Nigerian striker linked with loan move
- Official : Esperance loan out Super Eagles striker to Ligue Professionnelle 1 champions
- Opinion: Why Chelsea's game against Tottenham is a call for Nigeria's most valuable player
- Super Eagles-eligible midfielder plays his first competitive game since arrival at Chelsea
- Eze instrumental, Olise makes comeback as Liverpool held to draw by Crystal Palace
- Osimhen scores and assists as rampaging Napoli destroy Verona in Serie A opener
- EPL 30th anniversary : Allardyce recalls nostalgic moments with magical ex-Nigeria captain
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football